Train Simulators

6 hours ago, kvp said:

I would recommend you to get a few cab ride videos. Completly automatic driving experience and realistic (actual real) scenery. There are some great japanese, american and even european ones on the net. Imho they beat all sims in visual quality...

I like to look out a passenger window since it's the normal view when you actually ride a train.

4 hours ago, bluejeans said:

I like to look out a passenger window since it's the normal view when you actually ride a train.

That's also possible. There are several full line videos of this on youtube, mostly japanese and american, including some 10+ hour ones.

For Japan, several cab ride videos were actually taken from passenger areas as many sets have front view windows for the passengers.

• Like 1

https://store.steampowered.com/app/448190/Train_Simulator_Peninsula_Corridor_San_Francisco__San_Jose_Route_AddOn/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/642807/Train_Simulator_Peninsula_Corridor_San_Francisco__Gilroy_Route_AddOn/

To me it sounds like the Gilroy includes everything the San Jose one has and more, only without as many commuter scenarios.  It's odd that the file size for the longer route (if that's indeed true) is actually smaller.  Are some of the commuter stations inaccessible or something?

Are there any routes from the base TS 2014-2019 installs that are as scenic/similar geography to Feather River Canyon or Raton Pass?  I don't want to buy either of them if I have something "close enough" already installed (I've been buying steam keys of older versions to merge their default routes into my '19 install)

• Densha changed the title to Train Simulators