Any website with JR East Announcement Audio Files?

Hi there guys, I feel like this is kind of an odd question, but has anyone ever stumbled onto a website that has the station announcements/other audio from JR East trains and stations on it? Specifically on the hunt for audio from the Yokosuka Line, but pretty much anything helps at this stage!

I'm kind of on the hunt for it for a couple of little projects, so any info would be a huge help!

Thanks everyone!

-Phil

14 hours ago, katoftw said:

Recently, as in possibly the last 12-24 months someone ask the same question. There was teplies and links to sound files from memory. Worth a search.

You know, I was searching around on the forums last night and I didn't see much. I'd be willing to bet I just didn't use the right keywords or something, haha. I'll check again and be more thorough. Thanks for the help!

12 hours ago, bill937ca said:

And thank you very much Bill, you seem to be more fluent in Japanese than I am! One of these days I need to start learning it, I'm just not really sure where to start!

1 hour ago, Philphil said:

You know, I was searching around on the forums last night and I didn't see much. I'd be willing to bet I just didn't use the right keywords or something, haha. I'll check again and be more thorough. Thanks for the help!

And thank you very much Bill, you seem to be more fluent in Japanese than I am! One of these days I need to start learning it, I'm just not really sure where to start!

I'm not fluent in Japanese, but I am experienced in searching with Google Translate. Still it was very hard to find these files. Fortunately I stored them in a You Tube playlist. The key is Japanese terminology and once you find that follow it where it takes you.

Translating these phrases to Japanese may help in your search. These phrases cropped during my initial search several years ago.

Automatic Broadcasting (Station)

Station announcement

Departure Melody

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 1

yep thats it. funny when i tried earlier for train AND announcement it didnt come up. im thinking sometimes the search again does not actually refresh the results. ive had many odd and frustrating searches like this with the forum software over the years.

jeff

16 hours ago, cteno4 said:

yep thats it. funny when i tried earlier for train AND announcement it didnt come up. im thinking sometimes the search again does not actually refresh the results. ive had many odd and frustrating searches like this with the forum software over the years.

jeff

Haha, oh gosh, you know, I bet you have tons of stories about things that happened on this website over the years!

Just out of curiosity, is anyone here on the forum like the top moderator/admin for the site, or is that kind of shared between you and Densha?

It can be frustrating when you remeber a post on something but can’t find it again. At times it can feel like dementia setting in... But forums are not so great for historical archives. Kind of like a longer conversation that reside between an indexed website with well classified content and social media which is sort of only in the moment.

the forum is coming up on 11 years here soon so it has a pretty rich history! But the cool thing is its stayed pretty consistent with a nice community and good sharing of info and ideas over the years here. These days things go flying by in a flash and a poof with our current culture and tech speed (had to laugh when a 2 year old company was linked to a nytimes article the other day and the link brought up a page that the comapany has shut down between submission of the article and publishing it) and so many other groups and such have burned out, it’s nice to see thing trundling along. The other wonderful thing is seeing many friendships form over the years between members and actually getting to meet many members from all over the world in person. That’s the great side of the virtual world.

we have three admins with Martijn being the last founder here and the main wizard behind the curtain on the tech stuff as system administrator, densha and I as global admin to take care of the general admin stuff, settings, moderators etc, and disturbman and railsquid as global moderators. Generally pretty easy, just spots of hard work like recently with all the template and guideline work (densha did the lions share of that). Current staff is always up on the nav bar link for staff.

http://www.jnsforum.com/community/staff/

cheers,

jeff