Arakawa Line Commemoration Event

bill937ca

The 2009 Arakawa line commemoration event was held on Sunday September 27, 2009 (yesterday in Japan) at the Arakawa train office of the Tokyo traffic bureau.  Cars of the 8800, 9000  and 7500 classes were lined up for photo shoots and other events. In the background at one point you can see the transfer table in operation.

This was the 2008 event.

When did the 9000's enter service? I hadn't seen a single 9000 series while in Tokyo last year.

I know the 8800's are brand new (as of this year) according to the August issue of Japan Railfan Magazine.

When did the 9000's enter service? I hadn't seen a single 9000 series while in Tokyo last year.

I know the 8800's are brand new (as of this year) according to the August issue of Japan Railfan Magazine.

The 9000s arrived in March 2007 and, yes, the 8800s arrived  March-April 2009. The design of the 8800s was chosen in a contest from one of three designs.  By fiscal 2011 the 8800s will replace the 7500s.

I got so sick of the 7500's pretty quickly. Sadly, it was March/April 08 when I was spent the day stalking the line, sadly didn't see any 9000's. From what I gather it only appears that there are two of them.