Anyone had experience with Kiku Models HO buildings?

Kamome

I was eyeing up some of the Kiku models (キクモデル) of HO station buildings, shops etc..

http://www.kikumodel.com/

These seem very nice but was wondering if anyone has bought one.

Theyre a bit pricey but seem very detailed. I’m wondering whether these are pre-made or come in kit form/painted etc..

Wow beautiful! Over 4x materials and being able to go down the rabbit hole on details can drive the price up fast. The attention to detail is really great on these and he bothered to do nice photo shoots of them to sell them well. Always jealous of the detail you can do like this in Ho, but it’s always about tradeoffs with scale!

cheers

jeff

On 10/19/2018 at 8:03 AM, cteno4 said:

Not badly priced for ho.

I thought the same for assembled and painted models. There still seems a very sparse choice for HO scenery in Japan but thank you Darklighter for pointing out the Echo kits to me. 

I was impressed by a number of small dioramas at JAM 2018 and was thinking of putting a few modules together with a smallish JNR rural station with a Narrow gauge terminus. I don’t have space  for an HO loop but something I could set up and pack away with some Unitrack leading in.

The picture was was one of the modules that inspired me. I know it’s a tram line but thought the modeling was great.

13A09CD1-1C08-4B6B-B02D-764998115366.jpeg

Ho is really a great scale for dioramas. Just enough size for easy detail but still a workable small footprint for a nice little scene.

i was surprised at the length of that list of lasercut structures.

jeff