Tomytec - New Releases

Video from the hobby train fair at Yokohama... I noticed the truck collection 12 that has a low loader for an excavator! Exciting! 

The E353 is looking super! Didn't get to see those beautiful front LED lights though ~

Edited by JR 500系
  • Like 1

The Truck Collection Vol.12 (Set of 10)

The Truck/Trailer Collection Japan Freight Liner Truck & Container Set (2 Cars Set)

The Railway Collection Fukushima Transportation Goodbye Series 7000 (2-Car Set)

The Railway Collection Nagasaki Electric Tramway Type 300 #306

The Railway Collection Nagasaki Electric Tramway Type 300 #310 [Minato]

And some 1/80 models:

The Railway Collection Narrow Gauge 80 Tomibetsu Simple Orbit Diesel Locomotive + Milk Freight Car Set

The Railway Collection Narrow Gauge 80 Tomibetsu Simple Orbit Diesel Locomotive + Passenger Car Set

The Railway Collection Narrow Gauge 80 Tomibetsu Simple Orbit Milk Freight Car (2-Car Set)

I'm REALLY interested in the Truck collection 12 simply for the wide variety of construction vehicles!! 

Edited by JR 500系
Das Steinkopf
Just now, JR 500系 said:

Resistance is futile, as soon as I saw it I had to place it on preorder, I just love the inclusion of small construction machinery such as the excavators and road roller, I also give kudos to Tomytec for ensuring they weren't duplicating container numbers of the same type of containers available from Hogaraka Dou like they have unfortunately done in the past.

• Like 1

Groan, Tomytec using nano machines (well a little set of trucks) to assimilate my wallet... must have new truck set...

jeff

Those new NaRo diesels look close to forest railway locos. They do need some work to get them up to a decent level of detail however and I wish they would start bringing them out with a better coupler.

Love the construction machineries! Would LOVE to have them sold separately, cause those low beds just look too long for them! A couple of excavators, maybe 3, would look much better on one low bed!  😛

It seems the Truck and Trailer collection is starting to grow on me... which is... very bad news for a bus fan...  😞

Das Steinkopf
4 hours ago, cteno4 said:

So many tractor trailers and so few cars these days...

jeff

That’s why you have plenty of trains, trams and buses to provide public transport. 

• Sad 1

Turret truck is nice, but need to do that in its own scenery set with some more pallets and specialized shipping containers! Would be nice to have more options other than the Kato now that prohobby are gone.

jeff

maihama eki

I've thought about creating a 3D printed turret truck.  I have some of the 1/32 Aoshima turret trucks that I could use for a model to scale down to 1/150.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Turret truck is nice, but need to do that in its own scenery set with some more pallets and specialized shipping containers! Would be nice to have more options other than the Kato now that prohobby are gone.

The one time I saw a bunch of turret trucks in Japan, similar to the one shown in the Tomytec release, was at and near Tsukiji fish market.  They were all over the place.

Yeah they are rampant there! Sometimes like half a dozen trailers snaking around like millipedes. The guys with the trucks are aces at backing into those narrow isles the old market use to have. I guess the new market is all planned out and they probably have their own little access roots now behind the scenes. I’m glad I got up at 3am a could of times to visit the old market.

jeff