EdF

Kato "DCC Friendly" Database

EdF
Posted (edited)

I don't know, but I'd guess it's the same as similar vintage TGVs. Which seem to be 6 pin ready.

Edited by EdF

Kiha66
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, DavidT said:

Hi all, 

I just purchased an N scale Kato 10719-1 AVE Serie 100.  It is second hand off eBay and the seller is unable to advise if it is DCC friendly.   Was just wondering if anyone knows if it’s DCC friendly, and if so, which decoder should I use?  This is a photo of the box it comes in which may give some indication of age.

Thanks

I dont have this particular train, but according to this older thread it seems to use a similar chassis to the kato E units.  When it comes you can pop the shell off and we should be able to advise you on the proper decoder for it.  It should be a fairly simple installation. 

Edited by Kiha66

DavidT

Great - thanks very much

chadbag
Posted (edited)
On 8/6/2019 at 12:55 AM, DavidT said:

Hi all, 

I just purchased an N scale Kato 10719-1 AVE Serie 100.  It is second hand off eBay and the seller is unable to advise if it is DCC friendly.   Was just wondering if anyone knows if it’s DCC friendly, and if so, which decoder should I use?  This is a photo of the box it comes in which may give some indication of age.

Thanks

s-l1600.jpg

I don't speak Spanish(?) but it does mention DCC right on the box!  (lower left).  I would assume EM13 but we can verify if you take a picture of the bottom of the powered car.  There should be a hatch on it removable.  Find and remove it and take another pic.  Post pics 🙂

ETA:  Or as some have said, maybe 6 pin ready.  Did it come with operating instructions?  DCC is mentioned on the box so we just need to figure out what sort of interface

Edited by chadbag

DavidT

I have been in touch with Digitrax and they advise either an DZ126IN or possibly the DN163K0A will work.  I did not even see that DCC text on the box otherwise I would not have posted the question here  - must be loosing it as I get older!!!

chadbag
21 minutes ago, DavidT said:

I have been in touch with Digitrax and they advise either an DZ126IN or possibly the DN163K0A will work.  I did not even see that DCC text on the box otherwise I would not have posted the question here  - must be loosing it as I get older!!!

We still don't know which DCC interface is intended so popping the shell would be interesting.

Blackcaim

Hi guys, my digitrax DN163K4a arrived. So we installed it, and it works. We followed mike fifer’s hobby supply video for the SDP40F train which also uses the DN163K4a as a guide. Below is a picture of the installed decoder. 

E887C221-0A79-4BB2-8F68-6586BD971D1E.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

EdF

Thanks, database updated.