Inspirational Rolling Stock Builds & Kitbashes

Lina_Blue

Okay, in this video, the nice layout is only a backdrop for this E233 series train. Lot's of liveries!

*I searched the forum for an appropriate thread and thought this one would be the most fitting. If not, please let me know so I can better myself and avoid such in the future.

• Like 5
4 hours ago, Waisneed said:

Okay, in this video, the nice layout is only a backdrop for this E233 series train. Lot's of liveries!

*I searched the forum for an appropriate thread and thought this one would be the most fitting. If not, please let me know so I can better myself and avoid such in the future.

That's Tomy, I've subscribed to his channel for sometime now. His diorama is great, although I suspect it might be a rental layout. He does beautiful self customised models, like his Marine View Odoriko in Blue and his 287 series in a strange Green Buna colour ~~

Bet he's having fun linking all the E233s together! But he left out E233-2000 Chiyoda Line ~  🙂

• Like 2
4 hours ago, railsquid said:

Though some videos are taken on rental layouts, I just noticed:

From this angle, I just realised the Odoriko penguins and mascots are actually 'glued on'?  😛

Keio Shinjuku Popondetta, I recall my very first hobby train shop I visited in Japan was this one!  🙂

• Like 1
On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 1:17 PM, Pauljag900 said:

Hey Sammy,I follow this guy also.He does some really nice videos hey? 👍👍😀😀😀

And he did another brand new re-make of his 'own livery' project, this time on a 289 series... 

He called it the 特急 あじろぎ  or Limited Express Ashiruki?  Is that a real Limited Express service?  😛

• Like 2

Who cares? It looks nice👍👍😀😂😂😂

mind you that motor sounds like it s on its last legs😂😂

1 hour ago, JR 500系 said:

He called it the 特急 あじろぎ  or Limited Express Ashiruki?  Is that a real Limited Express service?  😛

あしろぎ is pronounced as Ashirogi, and is just the name for his fictional Limited Express. It looks good though!

A whole mirage of custom built, self painted, sometimes fantasy liveries!

OMG on that GSE! Still glad Tomix is doing it! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I saw this guy at JAM this year. Some really fun ideas. I’m sure the rivet-counters would disagree. 

I particularly liked the Girls and Panzers Kashima Rinkai diesel cars pulling some tank loaded flatbeds.

5 minutes ago, Kamome said:

I saw this guy at JAM this year. Some really fun ideas. I’m sure the rivet-counters would disagree. 

I particularly liked the Girls and Panzers Kashima Rinkai diesel cars pulling some tank loaded flatbeds.

I need that GuP train in my life lol. I absolutely love the tanks on the flatbeds. Unfortunately I think most of the cars are sold out now, and I wouldn't even know where to get the model tanks 😞

13 minutes ago, TimWay4 said:

wouldn't even know where to get the model tanks

I’ve seen lots of small pre-painted tank kits here in Japan. They’re usually 1:144 scale but close enough to not really notice. 

• Densha pinned this topic

Dragon made some 1:144 tanks, those might be close enough?

Someone even did those armoured railcars and some other rail items, but I'm not sure how successful converting them to run would be. I thought these were also by Dragon but can't find them anywhere now.

yeah 1:144 tanks would be close enough,my problem is I need to be able to purchase complete and ideally painted models, I don't have the eyesight, tools or skills to make or paint kits that small these days unfortunately 😞

Yep, Dragon offered some in neat little diorama boxes. I bought my brother one for his birthday about fifteen years ago, it had a wagon carrying a Panzer IV, an open wagon with infantry, and one of the armoured railcars. All presented on a length of track with static grass base and a clear acrylic lid.

Edit, found it. Snags are that the wheels are moulded as solid lumps with the axleboxes and suspension, so it looks ok as a static model but would be a swine to fit proper wheels to. The Panzer carrier wagon (which has an unloading ramp at one end and a well for the tank to sit in) might be easier as the wheels are completely hidden, although I haven't checked the overall width to see whether an N wheelset plus pinpoint bearings would fit. If I can find another one I may have a go!

Edited by Welshbloke
Added detail
On 9/24/2018 at 12:31 PM, TimWay4 said:

yeah 1:144 tanks would be close enough,my problem is I need to be able to purchase complete and ideally painted models, I don't have the eyesight, tools or skills to make or paint kits that small these days unfortunately 😞

There's always this:

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10470811

It only nets you the Pz.Kpfw IV but you also get a scale Miho to put in the turret. I did a bit of touching up on mine, her hair needed darkened but nothing a marker couldn't fix. Dragon did whole series for most common German WWII tanks and F-Toys has done a few sets of both Japanese and German tanks. 

On 9/24/2018 at 9:46 AM, Welshbloke said:

Someone even did those armoured railcars and some other rail items, but I'm not sure how successful converting them to run would be. I thought these were also by Dragon but can't find them anywhere now.

That was Dragon too, I have a German 28cm K5(E) Leopold. Unfortunately the model is too big to run unless I have completely prototype size curves.