Kato HO E5 Hayabusa

Need for High Speed

Need for High Speed

I am currently bidding on a HO scale Hayabusa from Japan and I am planning on using a TCS T1 decoder for the motor car and I am wondering what is the best decoder for controlling the head and tail lights in the cab cars. If I remember correctly their was a rumor that DN123K3 1.25 Amp decoder or something similar that is meant for N scale but would supposedly fit into the HO train and replace the circuit board in the cabs and comes with an LED on it? Or maybe they were referring to the FL12 decoder. I do not know this for sure. Can any one please help me I don't want to waste any money with getting the wrong decoders for the cabs. Thanks!

Edited by Need for High Speed
Need for High Speed

I Finally got the Hayabusa and I have already soldered DCC in the motor car. I have it with my Plarail Hayabusa which technically could be used to make an HO shorty.

20181010_205433.jpg

• Like 2
Need for High Speed
9 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Is he racing the steamer for pink slips?!

jeff

no they are sitting on sidings not moving I forgot they were even their. lol, although I got a PRR speeding ticket  ; )

• Haha 1

An HO shorty, interesting idea. Could probably get some WaMu chassis and with the help of a Dremel and a hobby knife could drop the Plarail onto it. Won't track like a proper train on trucks and won't do high speed, but it'll work.