Sign in to follow this  
Hayashi

Kato Unitram dimensions and products

Hayashi

I have found some space in my railroad plan for small Unitram route. However, I need to determine dimensions of the Unitram track plates. I know they are built on 124mm x 124mm squares, but it appears the 124 long roads are not 124 wide. How wide are they?

I will run a loop around my viaduct station, but in front of it I only have space for the Unitram track and one 2-lane roadway (i.e., not a 4-lane road with a Unitram track down the middle). Looking at the illustration below, it appears the left-hand plates are 124x124 with track on one side and road on the other. But what are the dimensions of the road and track plates on the right-hand side (i.e., the 4-lane side)? My loop would be 10x 124s long with the 2-lane roadway plus the in front of the station and only Unitram track behind it plus the curves. I was hoping to use some of the leftover road pieces from a V50 or some other expansion set since Kato doesn't seem to make individual road pieces.

Another question is: Does using 186mm long Unitram track bugger up attaching with the standard 124x124 plates or should I stay with just using 124mm long track?

Unitram dimensions.png

Hayashi

A follow up. I know the roads look like they are 62mm wide, but I want to verify it.

IST
On 9/10/2018 at 7:11 PM, Hayashi said:

A follow up. I know the roads look like they are 62mm wide, but I want to verify it.

I have just measured it, roads are 50 mm wide.

Hayashi

Thanks.