2 interesting web cams

harukablue

Thanks Haruka.  Of course the JR East cam is everyone's favorite Aizu-Wakky one.  The JR West view is apparently in Oji-cho in Nara Prefecture, along the JR Yamatoji Line.

Thanks for the location of the cam in Oji-cho i have just found the crossing on google earth, has anyone seen any other units other than the 221 223 etc that use the line?

cen,

if you are on a mac you can actually sniff packets to find the video stream and then just get it in qt player or vlc (probably do it with vlc on the pc too i would bet). then you can blow it up to full screen or record the stream as well with vlc.

i have some waka streams i grabbed here:

steam coming in

for those with short attention spans

'Install Microsoft Silverlight'.

Uhhh no. Shame, I would have liked to see the cams.

Cen.

Shame I needed the SL plug in for both FF and IE on my PC as well as on my Linux machine, but meh, on my Vista machine I'm fine with an MS plugin. I almost bought a second graphics card just for the Aizu webcam

Shame I needed the SL plug in for both FF and IE on my PC as well as on my Linux machine, but meh, on my Vista machine I'm fine with an MS plugin. I almost bought a second graphics card just for the Aizu webcam

silverlight worked, then didnt, then did, then didnt on the mac. got tired of it and liked filling the second monitor window with the waka feed so i finally got the feed url and just run it in quicktime.

jeff

Im just on vista and did download silverlight, i have seen the cam before without silverlight and it wasnt as good,the sound is amazing like standing trackside.

I dont think it was silverlight thats made it better, i think its a better camera and feed now. i dont use the silverlight and see the improvement (just pull the feed directly).

jeff

silverlight worked, then didnt, then did, then didnt on the mac. got tired of it and liked filling the second monitor window with the waka feed so i finally got the feed url and just run it in quicktime.

jeff

I have nothing but problems with QT. A lot of my own video movies are corded to MOV and during the last update of QT, I lost all my video, all that plays now to my MOV is audio, and Nikon has no patch or intends to make any such firmware updates to work with the new QT version. QT, likes my HD-format on my Panasonic even less.

Thanks for the location of the cam in Oji-cho i have just found the crossing on google earth, has anyone seen any other units other than the 221 223 etc that use the line?

According to the Japanese Wikipedia, local trains utilize 103/201 series units, and 381 series tilting ltd. express stock is used on the "Yamatoji Liner" service.

I think there are some more tracks to the left at night you see the odd headlights coming towards you then going down these tracks i have looked on google earth but the picture quality is very poor does anyone know the routes these units take?

I think there are some more tracks to the left at night you see the odd headlights coming towards you then going down these tracks i have looked on google earth but the picture quality is very poor does anyone know the routes these units take?

In the view towards the road crossing there is a curve in the tracks where also the Oji Station throat tracks fan out. There is also the Kintetsu Ikoma Line which has its terminus at Oji Station on this (left side)- perhaps that is what you're seeing?

Aizu has several platforms to the left of the webcam. If you look down the line fro the cam you can see that the line make a hard shift to the right. So you can actually see arriving trains for Platofrm 3 and 4 coming towards the cam, but they will never actually arrive on tracks 1 and 3. (Track 2 is the center track)

harukablue

Just been looking at the Oji-Cho web cam it was 21.25 Japan time and I am sure a type 485 set went through anyone seen these before on this line?, i can remember seeing the odd blue train sleeper a couple of years ago but thats as rare as it gets on this line.

Lew

harukablue

Just been looking at the Oji-Cho web cam it was 21.25 Japan time and I am sure a type 485 set went through anyone seen these before on this line?, i can remember seeing the odd blue train sleeper a couple of years ago but thats as rare as it gets on this line.

Lew

Same time today tried to get a shot you can see its red and cream maybe a  485 :-

post-214-13569924902538_thumb.jpg

harukablue

The interior lights were turned off but the side destination lights were on, so guess returning back to depot, any idea what times these trains run through here in daylight?

Lew

I thought they tend to run throughout the day. As to what time exactly, I couldn't answer, but I seem to recall having shot pix of this particular train at least four rimes during each way during the course of the day at Osaka Station. I also recall one being set out on a siding at Tenoji for the better part of the day.

bikkuri bahn

Yamatoji Liner is a reserved seat service ("home liner") aimed at long distance commuters.  It runs weekdays only, the morning run leaves Kizu Station at 6:30 bound for JR Namba, and the evening return service consists of two departures, both from Osaka Station, at 19:45 and 22:21, both bound for Kamo.  For an Osaka departure, that would put it in the Ooji area 30~40 minutes later(est.)

*Mahoroba runs on Sat. and holidays, departs Shin-Osaka 10:32, arriving Nara 11:27, the return trip leaves Nara 16:34, arriving Shin-Osaka 17:31.

I believe both of these services use 381 series units based out of the Hineno Depot.

harukablue

Hi, Just missed but at 06.55 local time , i just caught the rear end of the commuter express going Osaka bound :) will look and try and get a good still tomorrow,

Lew