Joban Line 209-1000 Series retirement

984smurf

Saw this on Instagram (not sure if it’ll be uploaded). The post was uploaded by @xwing1212 

The Joban Line (Local Service) 209 Series rolling stock will retirement on October 13th, next month.

EDIT: can’t upload anything more than 4MB on my phone smh 

Edited by 984smurf
Update on upload issues
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I think they're referring to the two 209-1000 Series used on the Jōban Line-Tokyo Metro Chiyoda Line inter-running services. They were delivered in 1999. 

• Densha changed the title to Joban Line 209-1000 Series retirement

After all only two sets were built... they'll probably be replaced by a new order of E233-3000 series trains...

Thinking of it, we could actually see the (1999-built) 209-1000 series being retired before the Tokyo Metro 6000 series (1 set in service, built in 1971) !

• Like 1
10 hours ago, 984smurf said:

Saw this on Instagram (not sure if it’ll be uploaded). The post was uploaded by @xwing1212 

The Joban Line (Local Service) 209 Series rolling stock will retirement on October 13th, next month.

EDIT: can’t upload anything more than 4MB on my phone smh 

Direct link to the post in question (please provide links rather than upload copies of other peoples' images, regardless of size):

• Thanks 1

Rest assured, whoever thought this would be the end of the 209-1000 series. Believe it or not, but they will be transferred to the Hachioji depot to be used on the Chuo Rapid Line from December this year. The 209-1000 series will relieve the temporary train shortage that is created by the extension project of the E233 series to 12-car formations. The source is a news flash from the JR Hachioji Branch Labour Union.

• Like 3

Interesting, should add a bit of variety and an excuse to aqcuire a set ;).

Haven't seen any signs of construction starting to extend platforms anywhere yet though.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Densha said:

Here is the Chuo Line 209-1000 series.

Strange... why would an older train like the 209 be used on the Chuo line which already uses the newer E233 series?

The Chuo and Sobu are becoming more and more interesting. I like it.

Just now, JR 500系 said:

Strange... why would an older train like the 209 be used on the Chuo line which already uses the newer E233 series?

Shortage of rolling stock, I would guess.

Remember that the monster called "Tokyo Olympics" is already lurking around the corner.

Edited by Suica
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

You will find the answer if you look back two posts. 😉

• Like 1