Decapitated trains

cteno4

They are pretty cool looking.  We love the gachapon/gashapon when we go to Japan.  My kids and I always come back with a new collection.  There is always something (or 10 somethings) new and 1/2 or more of what we got 2 years before is no longer available.

Edited by chadbag

There is a guy who runs a capsule store only in Akihabara which is popular and has several YouTube videos that fans have made.  We always go there when in that area, with a stack of money.

And then any mall or store we always hit the capsules.   Sometimes you find things you've never seen anywhere else.   It really can be quite fun.

1 hour ago, chadbag said:

And then any mall or store we always hit the capsules.   Sometimes you find things you've never seen anywhere else.   It really can be quite fun.

It really is gambling for kids! They were very big here in the states in the 60s I remeber large racks of them as you entered and left the grocery stores. Some of the discount stores had a huge rack of them going all the way across the front of the store. Made it almost impossible for parents to leave the store without dumping all the change out of their pockets. The big store near us had a guy walking around changing dollar bills constantly.

i need to get my gashapon trains out to play with, been a while.

jeff

4 hours ago, Welshbloke said:

Maddeningly we get the same machines in the UK (even down to the Gachapon branding) but the contents are cheap tacky stuff.

Occasionally you see the Japanese style capsule machines in the US.  When so the contents are half-decent (usually something Disney or like that).  Most of the US capsule machines, like you find at rcoery stores, etc.,  are oversized gumball machines and the capsules are trashy junk.  As you put it "cheap tacky stuff."

Yeah they have pretty much disappeared in the last decade here. Still a few things here and there but very cheap and tacky. Hey cracker jacks went to stickers way back, it’s so disheartening to open a box of them now with that as the prize... few free inside cereals as well... probably better on that one, but it was a joy in childhood.

jeff

Welshbloke

And now I have another batch to look for...

I'm not sure which of the previous two series I have. It's just Danbo container heads with no forklift.