EMS

hbr245b

I've just received my A3456 Shinkansen Series 100-9000 [X1 Formation] Later Years from Hobby Search in what must be record time:

o Delivered, September 17, 2009, 4:25 pm, NEW YORK, NY 10023

o Arrival at Post Office, September 17, 2009, 3:12 pm, NEW YORK, NY 10023

o Inbound International Arrival, September 17, 2009, 8:57 am, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

o Foreign International Dispatch, September 16, 2009, 12:38 am, TOKYO INT, JAPAN

o Foreign Arrival at Outward Office, September 16, 2009, 12:07 am, TOKYO INT, JAPAN

o Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

o Foreign Acceptance, September 15, 2009, 3:00 pm, JAPAN

2 days from Tokyo to NYC!

Shocking isn't it. I had the same reaction when I first ordered from Hobby Search and Japan Plaza.

Just think it sometime it takes 5 days to get something from New Jersey to New York.

hbr - If you don't mind, can we see photos of what you got...please.

That's about the time it takes from Japan to DC. Part of the reason why I love EMS and am willing to pay for it.

Likewise from Japan to Germany, and I, too, am willing to pay a few extra bucks for their good service :cheesy .

In the last year or so EMS to me here in DC feels like its slowed a day or two at least. had a couple of packages get hung up at the airport in japan for 2-3 days making the over all delivery like 5-6 days. a couple also took like 2-3 days once they landed here in the states. that may have been customs but never happened in the past. one of the reasons im less willing to shell out for ems these days, its not the 2-3 days i was so use to. i once got the shipment notice late thus eve (showed it had just been entered into the system at dropoff) and early sat morning (like 8:30am grumble), the postman was ringing the doorbell with it, that one shocked me!

jeff

IDK, Jeff, you shouldn't be any slower but then again EMS and 1X mail has been rerouted from Bladensburg after security changes. Luckily here in Frederick, we go through BWI to FDK so I don't have to deal with Bladensburg or Suburban RPO.

Interesting yours come into BWI, i think all mine have either been IAD or one of the New York airports. i wasnt paying attention to see if there looked to be any other delays other than i noticed they were usually hung at the airport leaving japan or on arrival here at the airport. until like a year ago they were pretty much 3 days assured, sometimes 2.

as i said im not into paying for the ems, in no rush and sal means i can order more stuff for the train $$!

jeff