Akihabara area buses

TimWay4

Hello, 

Does anyone know of any collections or single models of buses that run to, from or via stops in Akihabara? I'm not looking to buy just yet, just trying to gather information at the moment.

Thanks

Tim 

From this website: https://www.japanvisitor.com/japan-city-guides/japan-stations/akihabara-station 

with particular attention to this paragraph:

Buses From Akihabara Station

There are buses from Akihabara Station to Haneda International Airport. Journey time is 30 minutes to Terminal 2 and 35 minutes to Terminal 1. Keisei buses from Akihabara Station also run to Tokyo DisneySea and Tokyo Disneyland via Tokyo Station. The journey time is 35 minutes. The Akiba Shuttle bus departs from the Central (Chuo) exit of Akihabara Station to Asakusa (in front of Kaminarimon Gate) and Tokyo Sky Tree with the first bus at 9.05 am and the last bus at 8:10 pm, about every 30 to 50 minutes; 210 yen for adults, or 206 yen with an IC card.

Long distance Highway Buses run from Akihabara to Osaka, Kyoto and Kyotanabe in the Kansai region, Fujioka, Maebashi and Takasaki in Gunma Prefecture, Toyama, Kanazawa, Tsuruoka and Sakata in Yamagata Prefecture as well as Tono, Kamaishi and Otsuchi in Iwate Prefecture.

There seems to be Keisei buses, Akiba Shuttle buses and some long distance buses, and of course the Toei buses. 

Looking at Google map, there also seem to be a bus terminal right in front of JR Akihabara station, so perhaps there might be quite a number of buses after all ~

24 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

Looking at Google map, there also seem to be a bus terminal right in front of JR Akihabara station, so perhaps there might be quite a number of buses after all ~

That's the one I mention above, with just the two Toei bus routes.

The other routes mentioned all seem to be shuttle-type or longer distance services, not your typical city bus route.

This is the Toei bus stop (Google Street view):

https://goo.gl/maps/ZUknkFwWBiT2

I suspect this is the dropping off point, and the two stops further along are the departure stops for the two routes.

There is also a coach belonging Tokyo Bay City Bus which appears to be a shuttle service to Tokyo Disneyland:

https://goo.gl/maps/rrKZ69NoJiG2

I pass by this rotary quite often and this is about as busy as it gets.

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses I think I'll go looking for some Toei buses when I'm on holiday. 

Random off hand question for anyone with models of the buses, do any of them have Akiharbara as a destination? (I can't read Japanese) 

43 minutes ago, TimWay4 said:

Where it has the BM-01 logo (?) is that a motorized chassis it will fit? 

Yes. All of the 7E types uses the BM-01 motor chassis ~