How to securely fasten Unitrack viaducts to base

Hayashi

Another newbie question for the group. I plan to apply a bit of hot glue at the ends of Unitrack to hold it in place on the board. However, I would like to know some good options on how to provide a method for holding viaduct pre-cast and piers in place, ideally without the method looking obvious. I will have quite a few feet of viaduct, so I want to make sure the viaducts and piers don't shift around from running the trains.

17 minutes ago, Hayashi said:

Another newbie question for the group. I plan to apply a bit of hot glue at the ends of Unitrack to hold it in place on the board. However, I would like to know some good options on how to provide a method for holding viaduct pre-cast and piers in place, ideally without the method looking obvious. I will have quite a few feet of viaduct, so I want to make sure the viaducts and piers don't shift around from running the trains.

I used to use hot glue for this. A problem is that it hardens fast and takes up space, creating bumps. White glue doesn't have this problem and works quite well. Or E6000 also works. It sticks a bit better than white glue, gives you a while to adjust before it dries, and it can be peeled away from the tracks/piers later with no damage. 

Edited by gavino200