Major Tokyo train line stopped for one hour as passenger gets own head stuck under seat

hahaha   :toothy10:   :toothy10:

On 1 August at about 2:04 in the afternoon, a train on the Yamanote Line was pulling in to Hamamatsucho Station in Tokyo’s Minato Ward. Apparently, the shifting momentum of the train’s stopping was too much to handle for a man in his 50s who was standing at the time.

Losing his balance, he fell down in such a way that his head somehow managed to get wedged underneath the bench seats.

https://soranews24.com/2018/08/03/major-tokyo-train-line-stopped-for-one-hour-as-passenger-gets-own-head-stuck-under-seat/

Some days its just not worth getting out of bed for some people!

• Haha 1

Haha how did he fall in such a way?? 

Is that picture the Yamanote line? Cant be sure I've seen red seats on the E231-500 or the E235s...

Suspected to be somewhat drunk at the time. This does not surprise me...

Next story will surely be someone in a mascot costume managing to get wedged in an unlikely location. Train and building doorways are too obvious, I bet nobody has managed to get the head of their Pikachu outfit jammed under the seats!

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

Is that picture the Yamanote line? Cant be sure I've seen red seats on the E231-500 or the E235s...

It's not only the red seats, if you look carefully at the door you'll see that it's a "squared" body similar to the 209-0 series rather than the "round" body of E231 series trains, furthemore if you look at the window, it's squared compared to those with rounded angles found not only on E231 series trains, but on all modern JR East stock.

If you open the image in a new window, it's named:

https://sociorocketnewsen.files.wordpress.com/2018/08/policing_train_by_narita_international_airport_security_force-1.jpg?w=640&h=480

Therefore my guess is a Keisei 3000 series.

maihama eki

Man in his 50s, intoxicated, head stuck...

That was NOT me.  I was in Colorado.  I have witnesses that will back me up.

• Haha 3