Fleischmann Next18 issues (DCC)

chadbag

I have the Fleischmann 739001  BR147 TRAXX loc and the Fleischmann 724504  BR245 Diesel TRAXX loc.  Both of these come with the Next18 interface for a DCC decoder.   And both are basically the same internals.  I purchases 2 D&H SD18A decoders.  These are combined motor and sound decoders.  I have not yet hooked up speakers but I did install the decoders into the locomotives.

Both work fine as motor decoders.  And the headlights work, as do F1 and F2 to turn on red lights separately, etc.   The problem is that when on the track, no matter what address the decoder is set to and no matter what decoder the controller is set to, on one end, one of the white lights flickers constantly (unless turned on by a lights on command).   Just sitting on a "hot" DCC track the lights flicker.  Obviously, since both do it, there seems to be a problem with how Fleischmann wired this.    With the DC "dummy" plug in the system on a DC track, this is not an issue.

Has anyone seen or have any idea on what is wrong or how to correct it?

The problem can be seen here:    

Per D&H, the solution is to set bit 0 of CV 137.  The Fleischmann expect that the outputs are the unamplified Aux3/4 and not SUSI signals.  This CV will control that.   Indeed, the problem went away.

Edited by chadbag
if I could spell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1