Bashing two Kato engine sheds together

Welshbloke

Thought my attempt at a longer shed might be of interest. I started by cutting the end clips off what would become the middle of the side panels, and gluing them together. This then gave me the length to trim from the baseplates:

Next I bought some 1.5mm plywood and cut a suitably sized rectangle. The track and baseplates were glued to it with PVA and weighted until set:

The centre joint on the side panels was hidden with plastic strip and U section (to replicate the other columns on the sides), after which they received a coat of Tamiya light grey. Sides and ends were assembled according to the instructions and the roof mouldings trimmed to fit before a coat of Tamiya dark green. Glazing was glued in and the roof fitted. Finally the supplied stickers were applied:

I may well do some more micro modules, the idea here was to use it as part of a tabletop layout hence the thinnest ply base I could lay hands on. Quite like the look of the servicing platforms or train washing plant that GreenMax offer, one or both would make a good extra module to link to this...

• Like 12