Maglev kit

I succumbed the other night and ordered the OWI train the other night for $40 (not good having a few bucks cc rewards at amazon...). Looks like it could be quite fun and nice thing is the outside is all open so you can see it floating as it runs. Also kind of fun it’s a kit. If it works well I’ll try it at a few shows with the club layout as an educational piece. I have a static model of the jr test cars to put with it.

cheers

jeff

https://www.amazon.com/OWI-Magnetic-Levitation-Express-Mag-Lev/product-reviews/B071H81DWL/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_hist_1?ie=UTF8&filterByStar=one_star&reviewerType=all_reviews#reviews-filter-bar

• Like 2

So I built thenkit this week, like 2-3 hrs p, lots of that just trimming sprew bits off the parts. Simple tomassemble,mcars are about like a btrain shorty. The quality of the parts, design, and castings is excellent. Ran perfectly the first time on. It’s got 3 speed settings. We ran it all day today at the Obon festival to show off maglev tech as we are asked about it often. Ran for like 3 hours on 2 AAA batteries.

quality product and excellent gift for kids (bit or small) interested in science snd trains.

Cheers

jeff

359132AB-A9E4-45A2-ADCE-3B3FD2CEB63F.jpeg

• Like 5

NICE! You have a Obon festival? That's so neat! They even come dressed like we should in a Obon festival!

Cute little Meglav and at a fraction of the cost versus the Tomytec one! Very educational indeed! Does it run off the tracks often? 

Yes fun obon festival at the local Buddhist temple. Very fun event we do Ttrak at. Kids love it. We also do a loop there in the picture for kids to run. Usually ifs with a home made portram throttle one of club members did that has traditional control with a arduino controller, but unfortunately one of the power supplies was not working properly so we had to fall back to the old fashion controllers.

The maglev was the everready bunny it ran and ran and ran! Only went off the tracks when bumped or little fingers! 

I need to do some infographics and get my static models out. I got this built the night before...

very fun model to build for kids and adults. Appears pretty robust and a great value at $40.

cheers

jeff

Salt Lake has an Obon festival every year.  We always forget about it until it is too late.   Have to make sure it goes in the schedule for next year.   The wife would appreciate it.