katoftw

Popondetta - New Releases

Das Steinkopf

I'm keen to see the reviews when they come out, a lot of their freight stock are former Kawaii models but their containers are their own product.

Densha

Oh wow, this is definitely unexpected. Very good to see a new manufacturer entering the market! The prices however are a bit disappointing, although I guess that's just what happens when you are a relatively small company.

I also promised myself not to get started on collecting Nankai Koya Line trains unless the iconic 30000 series would be released. Guess what this bad boy is now thinking of....

Khaul

Nice train... very nice...

kvp
2 hours ago, Densha said:

I also promised myself not to get started on collecting Nankai Koya Line trains unless the iconic 30000 series would be released. Guess what this bad boy is now thinking of....

I made the same promise and now have same problem... :D

The other, time of debut set:

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10549077

Edited by kvp
  • Haha 1

Suica

More Hankyu, yes!

Why do they both have to be released at the same time though...

Edited by Suica

kvp
19 minutes ago, Suica said:

More Hankyu, yes!

Why do they both have to be released at the same time though...

Because they share most of their components and those are easier to make in one batch?

Gryphr
9 hours ago, Densha said:

Here are a couple of pictures of the development of Popondetta's Nankai 30000: https://popondetta.com/blog_maker/cat75/nゲージモデル「南海30000系こうや号」製品化進捗状.html

This looks really promising detail wise. I don't think another manufacturer included the Fall Guards inbetween cars before, I wonder how they'll fare during operation.
From the looks of it it'll take Tomix TN couplers, so a conversion should be easy

Gordon Werner

• Like 1

Das Steinkopf

I will definitely be getting my hands on some of those UT20A tank containers.

JR 500系

OOOHhhh 305 series! Interesting! Dumb question, does Popondetta come with working directional lighting? Also that double decker Willer Express is sweet!!

katoftw

That train i noticed a few days ago. It is causing issues inturnally. I really want it. It is one of the best looking train IMHO. But 25K for six cars is theft.

Das Steinkopf
3 hours ago, katoftw said:

That train i noticed a few days ago. It is causing issues inturnally. I really want it. It is one of the best looking train IMHO. But 25K for six cars is theft.

Their pricing structure is similar to Greenmax, given the fact they are only just starting to get into the market and dealing with some rather niche products with limited appeal I can see why they are a bit pricey. Hopefully the Popondetta range takes off even more covering a diverse range of prototypes that the other manufacturers haven’t touched, the market is already flooded with enough 103’s and 113’s etc offered by the Kato, Tomix, MicroAce and Greenmax.

• Like 1

Suica
7 hours ago, Das Steinkopf said:

Their pricing structure is similar to Greenmax, given the fact they are only just starting to get into the market and dealing with some rather niche products with limited appeal I can see why they are a bit pricey. Hopefully the Popondetta range takes off even more covering a diverse range of prototypes that the other manufacturers haven’t touched, the market is already flooded with enough 103’s and 113’s etc offered by the Kato, Tomix, MicroAce and Greenmax.

I actually gave in and ordered one of their upcoming Hankyu trains. I hope they sell well so they start making more. 

Yavianice
Posted (edited)

Popondetta announced Tobu Revaty in N gauge and Ginza Line (Tokyo Metro) 1000 series for 2020 at the JAM. Prices unknown as of this writing. 

https://www.orientalexpress.jp/popon-2020_0816/

Edited by Yavianice
Better link
  • Like 3

Yavianice

Available for pre-order on hobbysearch also https://1999.co.jp/eng/10656025