Popondetta - New Releases

Das Steinkopf

I'm keen to see the reviews when they come out, a lot of their freight stock are former Kawaii models but their containers are their own product.

Oh wow, this is definitely unexpected. Very good to see a new manufacturer entering the market! The prices however are a bit disappointing, although I guess that's just what happens when you are a relatively small company.

I also promised myself not to get started on collecting Nankai Koya Line trains unless the iconic 30000 series would be released. Guess what this bad boy is now thinking of....

• Densha pinned this topic
2 hours ago, Densha said:

I also promised myself not to get started on collecting Nankai Koya Line trains unless the iconic 30000 series would be released. Guess what this bad boy is now thinking of....

I made the same promise and now have same problem... :D

The other, time of debut set:

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10549077

Edited by kvp
  • Haha 1
  • Densha changed the title to Popondetta - New Releases
19 minutes ago, Suica said:

More Hankyu, yes!

Why do they both have to be released at the same time though...

Because they share most of their components and those are easier to make in one batch?

9 hours ago, Densha said:

Here are a couple of pictures of the development of Popondetta's Nankai 30000: https://popondetta.com/blog_maker/cat75/nゲージモデル「南海30000系こうや号」製品化進捗状.html

This looks really promising detail wise. I don't think another manufacturer included the Fall Guards inbetween cars before, I wonder how they'll fare during operation.
From the looks of it it'll take Tomix TN couplers, so a conversion should be easy

OOOHhhh 305 series! Interesting! Dumb question, does Popondetta come with working directional lighting? Also that double decker Willer Express is sweet!!

That train i noticed a few days ago. It is causing issues inturnally. I really want it. It is one of the best looking train IMHO. But 25K for six cars is theft.

Das Steinkopf
3 hours ago, katoftw said:

That train i noticed a few days ago. It is causing issues inturnally. I really want it. It is one of the best looking train IMHO. But 25K for six cars is theft.

Their pricing structure is similar to Greenmax, given the fact they are only just starting to get into the market and dealing with some rather niche products with limited appeal I can see why they are a bit pricey. Hopefully the Popondetta range takes off even more covering a diverse range of prototypes that the other manufacturers haven’t touched, the market is already flooded with enough 103’s and 113’s etc offered by the Kato, Tomix, MicroAce and Greenmax.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Das Steinkopf said:

Their pricing structure is similar to Greenmax, given the fact they are only just starting to get into the market and dealing with some rather niche products with limited appeal I can see why they are a bit pricey. Hopefully the Popondetta range takes off even more covering a diverse range of prototypes that the other manufacturers haven’t touched, the market is already flooded with enough 103’s and 113’s etc offered by the Kato, Tomix, MicroAce and Greenmax.

I actually gave in and ordered one of their upcoming Hankyu trains. I hope they sell well so they start making more. 

Popondetta is facing some delays with their upcoming models.

https://maker.popondetta.com/maker/?page_id=920

google translated table:

Scheduled for September 2020 → Scheduled for November 2020 
6010 Tobu 500 series "Revaty" 6-car set (limited) (JAN 4573298230245) 
6008 Tobu 500 series "Revaty" 3-car basic set (JAN 4573298230221) 
6009 Tobu 500 series "Revaty" 3-car add-on set (JAN 4573298230238)

Scheduled for November 2020 → Scheduled for December 2020 
6011 Tokyo Metro Ginza Line 1000 series late model 6-car set (JAN 4573298230252) 
6012 Tokyo Metro Ginza Line 1000 series special specification car 6-car set (JAN 4573298230269)

Scheduled for September 2020 → Scheduled for early 2021 
6001 Nankai 30000 series limited express "Koya" appeared (JAN 4573298230108) 
6002 Nankai 30000 series limited express "Koya" updated car (JAN 4573298230115)

• Like 1

Now this is a little exciting for me.... Might be my first Popondetta set!

https://www.popondetta.jp/index.php?dispatch=pages.view&page_id=71

I just couldnt help lol by the auto-translation provided by HS:

[Specifications] (Specifications as of the end of October 2020. Specifications may change when commercialized.)
--Provided as a 6-car set (3-car x 2 formation)
--The power unit is installed in one intermediate car in each set.
--Tail light / head light lighting specifications
--The coupler is Arnold specification
--We will provide it in a book type case specification.
--Destination printed Hamakaze Osaka Crab Hamasaka
* The destination nickname display of the actual vehicle is scrolled. We will reproduce the state of being stopped by a crab in Hamakaze.
-Adopt different car numbers for all trains

Yes i know Kani is Crab but it just... funny that a train is stopped by a crab in Hamakaze~  😛🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

There was an incident a couple of weeks back where a train was stopped by a turtle (it got stuck in pointwork) so maybe not so far fetched 😉

• Haha 1