Berliner TT-Bahnen/Zeuke-TT Shinkansen

Pashina12

The Lima thread reminded me of another model oddity - in the late 1960s, Zeuke-TT of East Germany, later called Berliner TT-Bahnen, produced a model of the 0 series Shinkansen in sorta 1:120. These were I think on the same 2-axle chassis they used for a number of other starter set toys, like an SNCF CC7100... I haven't seen a Shinkansen in person but the CC7100 were moulded nicely enough that one could certainly use the cabs to build a decent scale model. Zeuke sold the Shinkansen set as "Transitus".

When I first discovered these, I had the thought of buying some to kitbash into a more or less scale version.... my mentioning this on a German modelling forum was met with near-rage that I would want to "ruin" these "rare collectors items", and got me basically blackballed... lol

tumblr_lvxothm8YT1qf71bqo1_500.jpg

transitus1.jpg

s-l300.jpg

• Like 4
17 minutes ago, Pashina12 said:

Zeuke-TT of East Germany, later called Berliner TT-Bahnen,

Which reminds me, in 2003 I needed (for technical reasons too complex to enter into here) "sign on" at my local (Un)Emplomyment Office in Berlin, which turned out to be close to the less popular exit of the Landsberger Allee (formerly Leninallee) S-Bahn station, and noticed an old GDR-era sign for "Berliner TT-Bahnen" . I *think* I actually took a picture of it for posterity, will try and dig it out, though IIRC the next time I passed through there (probably in 2007) it was gone.

• Like 3

I hope you did get a picture, I'd love to see that! My first exposure to model trains was on a visit to family in Hungary for Christmas 1979, there was a BTTB trainset running around under the tree...

• Like 1

I've seen a BTTB set in person, one with the blue-white paint, but it's not a too great quality and cutting up several old sets is really not worth it. Imho just get a H0 or N scale set...

Well, my idea with that was to have it go along with some TTj models... that idea is no longer current. If I do ever end up getting one of these sets it'll simply be for its value as a curio.

• Like 1