KiHa 200 size for Greenmax power

chadbag

Say I have this: http://www.greenmax.co.jp/Product/GM4215-4216_kiha200_hausutenbosu.htm   (sitting at my sister in laws)

What size GreenMax power unit do I need to be able to upgrade this with a motor?  Finding a reasonably priced 4215 (w/motor) does not seem feasible at the moment...

(It does seem to say that you can hook it up to the Seaside Liner, which I also have in both the M+T and T+T sets.)

I was not able to see which size the KiHa 200 series is.   I might also be interested in motorizing one of my 30527 from GreenMax (KiHa 200 NanoHana) though the 30526 motorized set is easier to find.

Thanks

Edited by chadbag
auto correct to something dumb

I can't help with the motor question, but the set can be run with any of the modern Kyushu DMUs, so any 200 or 220 series.  Just make sure its a DMU with a shibada coupler rather than the knuckle coupler the older DMUs use.  I rode this set back from Nagasaki in 2015 with a red 220 series on the front end.

111339672_IMG_6676(2).thumb.JPG.d0df292d31b5ef35dd54e882017f4e93.JPG

Cool, thanks.  I'll run them (HtB) with my red ones and the SSL...

I'll still want the info in case I want to upgrade the NanoHana cars, as they won't be in the Nagasaki line...

Sammy aka JR500 asked the same question a few months ago. You should be able to search for it. I'm on a mobile device currently and cannot link sorry.

9 minutes ago, katoftw said:

Sammy aka JR500 asked the same question a few months ago. You should be able to search for it. I'm on a mobile device currently and cannot link sorry.

OK, thanks.  Will look...