DCC sound

shadowtiger25

shadowtiger25

I have a Tenshodo C11 that can have DCC installed. I'm interested in putting sound in it, but i can not find any decoder that sounds like the Japanese steam. Loksound is a very good option,  however, i cant seem to manage to make my own custom sounds using recordings from modern you tube videos, plus the program is just complicated. And all the sound files that loksound has for download has to loud. Does anyone here know of any sound files for loksound for Japanese steam? or can point me twards a place I can find a decoder from japan with what Im looking for on it?

1 hour ago, shadowtiger25 said:

however, i cant seem to manage to make my own custom sounds using recordings from modern you tube videos, plus the program is just complicated. 

How have you tried doing this? Is the problem with sound editing or being able to use a file format that the LokProgrammer will accept? I haven't edited sound files for a decoder, but I used to clip sound files from YouTube for language learning. I used YouTube downloader to capture and I used audacity to edit. That much wasn't hard. And there are free versions of both programs. 

shadowtiger25

47 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

How have you tried doing this? Is the problem with sound editing or being able to use a file format that the LokProgrammer will accept? I haven't edited sound files for a decoder, but I used to clip sound files from YouTube for language learning. I used YouTube downloader to capture and I used audacity to edit. That much wasn't hard. And there are free versions of both programs. 

I have the files as the .wav format that ESU recommends. Using small sound clips. When any sound loops its like it has a brief pause which causes the sound to become weird and distorted. Its fine if it does not loop however.

The getting the sounds is not what I have been having issues with, LokProgrammer is just quite complex for the new V4 sound editing. Its still way more simple than chaning the CVs like you would for older versions.