Hello from Hong Kong

RichLai

Hello Folks.   I am a HK guy and have just started this hobby....got my Tomix N starter's set and the "B" and "C" track sets a while back.   A bit more about myself:  1)  I was in Utah back in the 90s for school and work, etc.  2) My kid loves Tomica Plarail.     Nice to meet you people.  😎

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum, Rich.  I'm usually in HK every 6 months for a couple of weeks because my family lives there.

Now there are more shops in HK selling Japanese N gauge, but Plarail is very cheap.

Das Steinkopf

Welcome to the forums Rich

Hopefully you will get to meet the famous Doug Coster,  he is well renowned for a number of layouts such as Setagaya, Enoden and Tanoden, all of those layouts were feature articles in Continental Modeller, he moved to Hong Kong about 3 years ago and is still modelling.

8 minutes ago, RichLai said:

Provo/Orem area

Ah cool.

I lived in Provo in the early-mid 90s while I was at school (90-91, 92 Spring term, otherwise 91-93 in Germany) and working at WordPerfect (93-94) and then South Jordan late 94-97.  Been back in Utah since Sept 2002...

9 hours ago, chadbag said:
7 hours ago, miyakoji said:

Hello Rich, welcome to the forum!

9 hours ago, chadbag said:

Ah cool.

I lived in Provo in the early-mid 90s while I was at school (90-91, 92 Spring term, otherwise 91-93 in Germany) and working at WordPerfect (93-94) and then South Jordan late 94-97.  Been back in Utah since Sept 2002...

We probably bumped into each other around Y or Uah Valley campuses during those years.

• Like 1