Shipping of JR205 Trains with “Jakarta” Destination Signage

Hi all, I need a bit of help in this area. 

Ill be in Tokyo from 13-18 June and would like to request help on the schedule of the shipment of the Musashino 205 series trains? Would like to snap them, especially with the “Jakarta” destination signage on these trains. 

Also, would like to know more about the route the train is taking as well as any good places to snap them? 

Thanks in advance! 

2 hours ago, katoftw said:

More likely to find those things in Indonesia than Tokyo.

I know that there’s a shipment almost monthly, so I wish to snap that. 

I’m nowhere near going to Indonesia, so help is really appreciated!

First I've heard of this. A couple of videos showing the "Jakarta" destination headboard:

and after arrival in Indonesia:

However I can only find reports of past movements, if there's any advance information I haven't located it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
14 hours ago, 984smurf said:

Hi all, I need a bit of help in this area. 

Ill be in Tokyo from 13-18 June and would like to request help on the schedule of the shipment of the Musashino 205 series trains? Would like to snap them, especially with the “Jakarta” destination signage on these trains. 

Also, would like to know more about the route the train is taking as well as any good places to snap them? 

Thanks in advance! 

The trains being shipped are Musashino Line 205-5000 series, therefore you should stick around the Keiyo Veichle Center in Chiba (the shared depot for the Musashino and Keiyo Lines - https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/京葉車両センター), trains being shipped to Indonesia are completely shutted down and sealed at their home depot, then hauled by a loco (either an EF81 or an EF64, once even by an EH200) to Niigata in northen Japan (via the Chuo and Shin'etsu main lines) where they are loaded onto ships bound for Indonesia.

Your best chances are, as i said before, at the Keiyo Veichle Center, as the transfer trains are rare non-revenue specials (and above all, they do not follow an uniform time pattern),  therefore schedules are hardly avaible.

Edited by Socimi
  • Thanks 1
14 hours ago, Socimi said:

The trains being shipped are Musashino Line 205-5000 series, therefore you should stick around the Keiyo Veichle Center in Chiba (the shared depot for the Musashino and Keiyo Lines - https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/京葉車両センター), trains being shipped to Indonesia are completely shutted down and sealed at their home depot, then hauled by a loco (either an EF81 or an EF64, once even by an EH200) to Niigata in northen Japan (via the Chuo and Shin'etsu main lines) where they are loaded onto ships bound for Indonesia.

Your best chances are, as i said before, at the Keiyo Veichle Center, as the transfer trains are rare non-revenue specials (and above all, they do not follow an uniform time pattern),  therefore schedules are hardly avaible.

It’ll also run on the Musashino Line right? 

Hmmm... any way for me to receive live updates? Would Twitter be good?

22 hours ago, 984smurf said:

It’ll also run on the Musashino Line right? 

Yes, the tranfer train would enter the Musashino line around Chiba, run on most of it and then changing to the Chuo Main Line at Nishi-Kokubunji.

Similarly, when Nambu line trains were sent to Indonesia they travelled their home line, from Musashi-Nakahara to Tachikawa and then changed to the Chuo Main Line.

3 hours ago, Socimi said:

Yes, the tranfer train would enter the Musashino line around Chiba, run on most of it and then changing to the Chuo Main Line at Nishi-Kokubunji.

Similarly, when Nambu line trains were sent to Indonesia they travelled their home line, from Musashi-Nakahara to Tachikawa and then changed to the Chuo Main Line.

Thanks for letting me know!

Where are some of the best stations to snap the incoming train? I’m hoping for some areas nearer to Urawa but anything goes, as I can make some arrangements 

6 hours ago, 984smurf said:

Thanks for letting me know!

Where are some of the best stations to snap the incoming train? I’m hoping for some areas nearer to Urawa but anything goes, as I can make some arrangements 

On the Musashino Line around Urawa there are:

-Nishi-Urawa station.

-Musashi-Urawa station (connects to the Saikyo Line).

-Minami-Urawa station (connects to the Keihin-Tohoku Line).

-Higashi-Urawa station.

Nishi-Urawa may be the best choice as squid said, mainly because it has a good east-looking spot (the same direction from wich the transfer trains should arrive).

• Thanks 1