There is a prototype for everything... (Japan Rail)

We split off the rare trains into a new topic to keep this topic to the really odd and weird bits.

jeff

That DE10 looks quite smart in Hokutosei livery. Apparently Tobu acquired 1109 from JR East in 2020 when it was painted into this livery from the standard red. 

As for models, think its only Rokuhan who produced a Z scale version of the loco in this livery although for N you can buy decals from small companies like R-Kobo.

• Like 2

After quick maintenance it is always a good idea to run your model's motor car in without any load (or so I heard atleast...)

• Like 5
railsquid

JR 209-1000 series in Chuo Line livery running with passengers on the Joban line?

(Some sort of special event for VVVF fans).

• Like 2
Yavaris Forge

That's some nice sounding GTOs at work there.

Of course someone on Youtube tried to simulate it: 

• Like 2
Tony Galiani

@railsquid - Would you happen to know what the story is with this?  I am really curious since it doesn't look like the best route to be moving a railway car.

Tony

• Like 1
railsquid
On 2/25/2024 at 11:23 PM, Tony Galiani said:

@railsquid - Would you happen to know what the story is with this?  I am really curious since it doesn't look like the best route to be moving a railway car.

Tony

Too tired to check, but I think from the comments it was something like the car was going to be scrapped and the depot it was going from doesn't have good road access.

• Thanks 1
railsquid
1 hour ago, Gunzel said:

Yokoze station on the Seibu Chichibu line. 

IMG_7089.jpeg.899a58e09d0f17f7dc36854eed1cc8c5.jpeg

Ah yes, the Seibu museum collection.

• Like 2

Waiting for the museum to be built? There seem to be quite a few larger railway companies saying they intend to build company museums.

• Like 1