Jump to content
railsquid

Takahachikawa

Recommended Posts

railsquid
15 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

Really nice Squid san! Nice serene feel to it... Can I ask how you made the yellow and black barriers by the rails? They look really authentic! 

 

By popping along to a shop selling N gauge stuff (plenty of those around 😉 ), purchasing a set of these and carefully cutting them into two sections :)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
JR 500系
11 minutes ago, railsquid said:

 

By popping along to a shop selling N gauge stuff (plenty of those around 😉 ), purchasing a set of these and carefully cutting them into two sections 🙂

 

aaahhh I see ~ though that might be a problem for me ~  😞

Share this post


Link to post
Das Steinkopf
2 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

Really nice Squid san! Nice serene feel to it... Can I ask how you made the yellow and black barriers by the rails? They look really authentic! 

 

I have seen some nice examples of the more basic single pipe railings used between the tracks using something as simple as staples painted yellow, when you're on a tight budget some simple yet effective use of everyday items can do the trick.

 

Edited by Das Steinkopf

Share this post


Link to post
JR 500系
On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:32 PM, Das Steinkopf said:

 

I have seen some nice examples of the more basic single pipe railings used between the tracks using something as simple as staples painted yellow, when you're on a tight budget some simple yet effective use of everyday items can do the trick.

 

 

Yeah suddenly you reminded me of that technique... thanks!

 

Oh an alternative which I suddenly found out accidently: 

 

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10528562

Share this post


Link to post
railsquid
On 8/14/2018 at 5:55 PM, JR 500系 said:

 

Oh an alternative which I suddenly found out accidently: 

 

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10528562

 

Those are the ones I am using.

Share this post


Link to post
Pauljag900
26 minutes ago, railsquid said:

Random work-in-progress shot, to see how things fit together.

 

44003946302_8b3a02ae33_z.jpg

local-station-overview by Rail Squid, on Flickr

Looks pretty good to me buddy👍👍😀👏👏

Share this post


Link to post
railsquid

"This isn't Sodor any more, is it?" said Annie with a worried voice.
"My axle boxes are starting to feel all hot and bothered", complained Clarabel.

 

annie-clarabel-shinkansen.jpg

Edited by railsquid
  • Haha 9

Share this post


Link to post
JR 500系
1 hour ago, railsquid said:

"This isn't Sodor any more, is it?" said Annie with a worried voice.
"My axle boxes are starting to feel all hot and bothered", complained Clarabel.

 

 

 

Haha good one! But curious how did you couple them together? A Tomix uses power couplers, MA uses interlocking ones and Clarabel & Annie uses Rapido ones I think?

 

Haha Clarabel & Annie are going to get the ride of their lives and wont go back to Sodor anymore. ...

Share this post


Link to post
railsquid
2 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

 

Haha good one! But curious how did you couple them together? A Tomix uses power couplers, MA uses interlocking ones and Clarabel & Annie uses Rapido ones I think?

 

 

It's a Kato 0-series.

Share this post


Link to post
railsquid

But as experimentation shows, they do not stay couple together well at high speeds, though one would expect that to be the case in real life too.

Share this post


Link to post
railsquid

A bit more random scenic work-in-progress, mainly to finally cover up the wallpaper formerly visible on the right-hand side.

 

30258413098_176a30346f_z.jpg

Scenery, 2018-08-19 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

Edited by railsquid
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Pauljag900

Looks stunning buddy,good effort👍👍😀

Share this post


Link to post
JR 500系

That's one impressive looking mountain! Very nice!

Share this post


Link to post
railsquid

Meanwhile, in the background, a bit more work on getting this corner (seen here in May):

 

42330728332_04b3c430d0_z.jpg

hillside-2018-05-27b by Rail Squid, on Flickr

 

filled in a bit better. Intermediate progress:


44317867542_b3f29cc87f_z.jpg

corner-hill-tunnel-section-2018-08-30b by Rail Squid, on Flickr

 

Do please excuse the Chuo-Sobu 209-500, not normally at home in hilly areas, I believe it may be on the way to/from Nagano for servicing or refurbishment.

 

 

(yes I know that's an E231)

 

Edited by railsquid
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Kiha66
7 minutes ago, railsquid said:

and slowly it gets greener...

 

That hill is blending really well with the backdrop, Nice work on the greenery!

Share this post


Link to post
JR 500系

I love those two 'Showa Era' tall buildings.... I just built mine and they are fantastic!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
railsquid

Turning away from the hills, by happy chance I found a backscene for the rear side of the layout which is more-or-less what I've been looking for, i.e. a vast swathe of Japanese outer-urban landscape which looks pretty much like that of the main station's intended location in the far west of the urban area where it sweeps up against the mountains.

 

42656772520_eda5f1f772.jpg

Station backscene, 2018-09-04 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

Edited by railsquid
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
kvp
23 minutes ago, railsquid said:

Turning away from the hills, by happy chance I found a backscene for the rear side of the layout which is more-or-less what I've been looking for,

It really blends in well. Where did you find it? Is there a way for us to get one?

Share this post


Link to post
railsquid

From this company: https://www.hakoniwagiken.com/products_04_railway.html

 

This is the sheet in question: https://www.hakoniwagiken.com/item_dsf-r001.html

 

Actually two sheets printed on both sides.

 

Also have stores on Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.jp/s?marketplaceID=A1VC38T7YXB528&redirect=true&me=A2LZXQ52X5GSIU&merchant=A2LZXQ52X5GSIU

and Yahoo Auctions:  https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/seller/hakoniwagiken

 

No idea if they ship overseas.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
JR 500系

AAhh this store... Their products are great... I have the bus terminal one but have yet to go about displaying it...

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×