Takahachikawa

railsquid

3 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

Yeah it looks great squid! Love the steep slopes, that are oh-so-common in Japan! Somehow, the curving steep slope just reminded me of this:

Cartoon car crash?

Would it be possible to get a newer wide angle shot to see how all the scenes fit together?  I really appreciate your scenery and use it to inspire my poor attempts at modelling Japan.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Taxman said:

Would it be possible to get a newer wide angle shot to see how all the scenes fit together?

I'll see what I can do, the problem is the layout is still for the most part a chaotic half-constructed mess which doesn't look very photogenic, so I tend to focus on the individual bits which look OK.

I have an album on Flickr with a bunch more photos which should provide more clues, albeit in slightly earlier stages of construction:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/railsquid/albums/72157691220217880/page5

(Bear in mind I keep changing the plan, so photos of the current state are from about half-way down page 3 of that album).

I hope to get this whole end of the layout including train depot into reasonable shape in the next few weeks so will provide wider shots as and when things develop.

Edited by railsquid

Hey squid what colour/brand of paint are you using for your roads? It looks to be very close to the Tomytec wide tram and bus tracks.

2 minutes ago, keiichi77 said:

Hey squid what colour/brand of paint are you using for your roads? It looks to be very close to the Tomytec wide tram and bus tracks.

This one:

acrylic-neutral-grey.jpg.9006af5afe5037f433b1f9b6047a9717.jpg

It is indeed a good match, the crossing in the second picture is actually made out of bits cut from the Tomix tram track kit (catalogue number 3079), I haven't painted them.

• Thanks 1