Takahachikawa

railsquid

15 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

Squid, I think you should start selling these as a scenery kit! Approach woodland scenic...

Curses, I just revealed my secret.

• Haha 1

This is one of those cases where the "scale trick" is in your favour. Bamboo looks just like bamboo!

I gave you five minutes to respond and when I didn’t hear back I went ahead and emailed woodland scenics and we are setting up the deal. Markup on the chopsticks will be approximately 100x.

is it earth quake resistant?

jeff

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, cteno4 said:

You are becoming an abstract modernist modeler squid.

jeff

You should have seen me in my minimalist phase, here with my representation of Tokyo's railway network:

48219156397_33f969aa49_z.jpg

yamanote-chuo-tokyo by Rail Squid, on Flickr

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

Those chopsticks really are inexpensive in Japan. We bought a big lot at the 100 yen store last time we were there.  I am not sure why we bought them, but we figured it was a good deal.

Despite the fragile, rickety appearence, the almost completed framework can be safely lifted off the layout for further work without falling apart.

48253936641_d3b3b0fb25_z.jpg

left-scenic-area-2019-07-11_01 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

I haven't done an exact tally, but I appear to have consumed about half of the bulk pack containing 80 pairs of chopsticks.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I am still patting myself on the back for randomly wandering out of the house (well apartment) not far from a Seibu line station one fine day in 2009 and ending up on the Chichibu Railway, and actually taking some photographs of and riding on their 101s, even though I had little idea about Japanese trains at the time, apart from thinking they looked like old ones. I even managed to copy them to a hard disk where I rediscovered them not so long ago:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/railsquid/albums/72157674723748237

(Note the first few in the album are from the Omiya Museum).

• Thanks 1

Yeah it looks great squid! Love the steep slopes, that are oh-so-common in Japan! Somehow, the curving steep slope just reminded me of this:

• Like 1