Takahachikawa

railsquid

9 hours ago, cteno4 said:

probably find stryeneosaurus bonz sticking out of that cut.

Is this saurus part of the zilla family?

This seems to be a different type of rock than the colorful sedimentary foam layers found near the front edge of the layout. :)

Btw. the shrubbery on the hills is great! Not only it looks good but hides the disassemblable nature of the layout.

OOOhhh nice! Thanks for sharing Squid!

Would you be getting the new Kato 201 series to join its 101 brother? It seems lonely for a mate ~  😛

7 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

Would you be getting the new Kato 201 series to join its 101 brother? It seems lonely for a mate ~  😛

I'll be sticking with the 201 series I already have, as seen in the last video. Actually the reason I got it out was to check whether I needed to justify the new version, but I think not, though I may acquire new light units if they become available as spares. The EF13 + coaches however...

Hey nice job! I have the pens too but didn't get around to using it.... It certainly make the rails look a little more authentic! Time to get to work for me...  

2 hours ago, railsquid said:

I am quite taken by the Tomix "rust pens" (part number 8008), which provide an easy way of making the rails look more, well, rail-like.

Looks great.Where can I buy them?

Edited by railsquid
fixed quoting
Just now, Sascha said:

Looks great.Where can I buy them?

Anywhere which sells Tomix accessories, I guess. I got these from Yodobashi Camera.

1 minute ago, railsquid said:

Anywhere which sells Tomix accessories, I guess. I got these from Yodobashi Camera.

So they are only available in Japanese stores inside Japan? How about Hobby Search or AmiAmi?

16 minutes ago, Sascha said:

So they are only available in Japanese stores inside Japan? How about Hobby Search or AmiAmi?

I have absolutely no idea about availability outside Japan; part number as mentioned is 8008 so you could search for that, I guess.

@JR 500系 does mention he has some.

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, railsquid said:

I have absolutely no idea about availability outside Japan; part number as mentioned is 8008 so you could search for that, I guess.

@JR 500系 does mention he has some.

Found some.Thanks.

Some Odakyu for a change, partly because I happened to travel on the Odakyu line yesterday, partly because I was tidying up and the box with replacement pantographs for this ancient Tomix model wouldn't fit in the parts drawer any more so I solved that by finally fitting them to the model (not the correct pantographs either, but the closest I could find, and one small cross-arm pantograph looks pretty much like any other to me).

• Like 4
37 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

Odakyu 10000 Hise! Nice ~ Reminded me of the Nagano Yukimuri…. Just curious, is it running in a 8 car consist?  😛

7 cars, IIRC, due to issues of platform length.

This advertisement hoarding has been annoying me for some time:

32751977998_f5a76605a3_z.jpg

embankment-advertisement-1 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

because side of the embankment is at an angle, and the hoarding needs to be more-or-less vertical, which I had provisionally done with a lump of blu-tack, but after a summer or so that had slowly deformed and the sign was slipping downwards at an angle, and it is frequently in my line-of-sight. A quick rummage in the Big Box of Bagged Bits brought to light the supports from the same Tomytec set, which are at more-or-less the right angle, if inverted, so with no further ado:

32751978178_6b3e5fcdb5_z.jpg

embankment-advertisement-2 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

39661269643_c46fbed246_z.jpg

embankment-advertisement-3 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

45711713945_495b5481b7_z.jpg

embankment-advertisement-4 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

Edited by railsquid
  • Like 6

All is now right now with Takahachikawa world! 

Nice when you can get the details cleaned up like this. Wonder what the real world equivalent of a lump of blue tack would be? 

jeff

5 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Nice when you can get the details cleaned up like this. Wonder what the real world equivalent of a lump of blue tack would be? 

Maybe something like that thick sticky foam which can be sprayed on for insulation/fireproofing etc.?

Meanwhile, I have had an unusually productive day due to absence of the Squidlet for multiple prolonged sessions, which has resulted in a fair bit of painting, including this tunnel:

44638014110_41b5dd08b7_z.jpg

station-throat-2018-12-25_02 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

which was still a bit of a sore thumb; a lick of paint improves things enormously:

31688801407_7b36690193_z.jpg

rear-tunnel-painted_01 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

It will need a bit of touching up once the paint is dry, but looks better already. I was wondering what the best way would be to fix the gap caused by rotating one side of the portal through 90 degrees, but then remembered one of my few principles, namely that shrubbery can disguise a multitude of sins 😉

• Like 3

absoloutely right there buddy! Thank god for scrub shrubbery and lichen!!👍👍😀

it looks good all the same tho mate👍👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1