Nozomi super express recommendations

Kiran

Dunno about all the fancy numbers being thrown around.  But you would need a length of train at stop.  Minimum a length of train to both decrease and increase speed.  And two lengths of train to hold top speed.  One length of top speed means you slow down as soon as you hit top speed.  12.5m of track, but I think 15m would be better to hold top speed longer.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Socimi said:

You don't need such a long stretch of track to have a shinkansen accellerate realistically.

My suggestion is to have an oval-shaped layout with standard shinkansen 4 track station. 

Nice thinking! But what's the minimum radius that would work with 16 car Shinkansen at full tilt? C354, C391 or C465 in Tomix-speak?

Edited by sandiway
7 hours ago, sandiway said:

Nice thinking! But what's the minimum radius that would work with 16 car Shinkansen at full tilt? C354, C391 or C465 in Tomix-speak?

I honestly don't know, as i'm modelling 20m commuter trains on kato unitrack, altough i suppose the minimium curves could be C280, as they're the ones supplied with the Tomix 500 series starter sets.

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10153664/20/2

I picked my Tomix N700A Shinkansen today. 16 cars long. Assuming I build a 11 meter long track, how many feeders do I need to ensure no voltage sag? DoesTomix make a y-adapter for this purpose? Thanks in advance.

Oh wow you even brought along your analog controller and tracks to be able to fit in the lights and test them? Talk about passion! Nice! 

The E2 was one of my favourite shinkansens, having rode on the original E2-1000 and the copied version CRH-2C 

• Like 2
On 8/5/2018 at 8:23 PM, JR 500系 said:

The E2 was one of my favourite shinkansens, having rode on the original E2-1000 and the copied version CRH-2C 

I rode one from Tokyo to Fukushima (actually getting off at Koriyama and then transferring to a local line to get to Aizu Wakamatsu) and back last year.

Finally got to run the E2 on my regular layout today. The tatami is new. I brought it back as checked luggage.

P8120095s.jpg

Edited by sandiway
  • Like 4

N700A on the temporary track on the floor (a bit difficult to spot here)... where I took the dark video I posted earlier. I promised my wife I'd pack it up tonight. Only after a little Japanese whiskey before bed...

P8120096s.jpg

• Like 2

Lovely... It's always fun to run some trains in a while, even if it is temporary! 

Yes all 16 cars are amazingly long, and sure is a sight to behold running them all! 

HHmmmm… how did you send back the tatami map as a checked baggage? I mean, even if it was rolled up, it will still be pretty long ~~ 

17 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

Hmmmm… how did you send back the tatami map as a checked baggage? I mean, even if it was rolled up, it will still be pretty long ~~ 

Special order tatami. I needed the extra width for my layout. Usually tatami is limited to 980mm wide max. This was a bit over 1 meter (1090mm = 43 inches). It's also Ginpaku - made of Japanese paper. I just love the color on my layout. 2nd pic is the aesthetic I've been looking for.

IMG_9874s.jpg

Kyoto city bus (recent Tomytec release). Hong Kong New Territories taxi waiting outside the temple (Tomytec). Keihan 1000 series mainline train in the foreground (Micro Ace A-9992; 7 car). The Yamabiko (E2-1000) is in the background next to the truss bridges (Tomix 92576 +  92575).

P8120105s.jpg

Edited by sandiway
  • Like 6

New chassis arrived on Monday. Didn't have a chance to test it out until today (Wednesday night). Fits perfectly. The Yamabiko is up and running again. Thanks again for everyone's help! 

• Like 1
On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 11:47 PM, sandiway said:

Kyoto city bus (recent Tomytec release). Hong Kong New Territories taxi waiting outside the temple (Tomytec). Keihan 1000 series mainline train in the foreground (Micro Ace A-9992; 7 car). The Yamabiko (E2-1000) is in the background next to the truss bridges (Tomix 92576 +  92575).

P8120105s.jpg

Not sure why I missed this, but that taxi is beautiful looking! Havent seen that produced by Tomytec! Bet the driver took a wrong turn and went off grid from Kowloon into Kyoto...  🙂

1 hour ago, sandiway said:

New chassis arrived on Monday. Didn't have a chance to test it out until today (Wednesday night). Fits perfectly. The Yamabiko is up and running again. Thanks again for everyone's help! 

Great to see it working again! And nice work on that video! Pardon my question again but what is the software editor that you used to make that video? I'm having a huge problem finding one off the net that doesn't require a fund transfer without that annoying trial watermark... 

Taxi is from Hong Kong. Taxis come in three colors over there, depending on region. The green taxi goes well with the Kyoto city bus. Also the KMB bus in the video is from Hong Kong. I have a few different buses from there.

I’m on a Mac. So the iMovie software is free. 

3 hours ago, katoftw said:

They also have bridges in that length also.

I know of the multitrack 560mm truss bridges. Don't know of bridges that are 1120mm long. Can you post a link?