"SMALL" Z LAYOUT

gerryo

I suppose I will be criticized for this but here goes.

I have these 2 tables that are not holding up any train layout, so I've been thinking out a SMALL layout using Z trains and 1/2000 scenery.  There will not be any people because I wouldn't be able to see them anyway.  No vehicles either because no-one builds them that small.  Enough excuses.

It will just be a fun thing, to fill in my spare time.  HA. HA.

I have this model that I purchased a couple years ago, that is of Himeji Castle, that I never built.  It's tiny at 1/500.  That's large for this layout but there it is.  Today I ordered a model of the Tokyo Sky Tree, one of the Tokyo Tower, and one of the Tokyo City Tower building.  These 3 are all 1/2000 scale.  I'll fill in as I find things. 

You should never give me 5 minutes at a computer, alone.  I will come up with something different.

gerryo

So the scenery will be 1/2000 and the trains 1/220? Are you going to try doing extreme forced perspective? You can mock it up fast with stuff it sounds like you have laying around to see how you like it.

Might think of trying to model something like Tobu world square with small scale architectural models and z scale folks walking around it

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tobu_World_Square

its at 1/25 scale but you could do your own at 1/9th scale.

jeff

I will leave the 2 tables unattached but together in an L shape.  Each one covered in green cloth again, to be separated if needed to be moved.

5ae39f27255ba_Z-INSIDEVIADUCTCORNER.jpg.f5376d5ce2dc7b224d67dbc31ae5ad3b.jpg

The thing about the cloth is that you do not need to glue anything down unless you are going to move the layout with everything on.  I use a light felt cloth which has a clinging effect on everything and everything stays put.

As you can see, about half of the track is double viaduct Z.  The castle is 1/500 and the other 3 major pieces are 1/2000, which seems crazy, but then you know me.

Gerry 

I could really blame my wife for getting me interested in miniatures about 40 years ago.  She did Doll House miniatures which were 1/12 scale.  But I guess I've taken it a little further.  These are almost as far as I can go.

Anyway, tables are set up. green cloth is out and I'm ready to go.

Gerry

Enoshima makes pretty good 1/450 figures! Even a dog! Vehicles as well and you can even make them with open doors!

jeff

I spent last night building the Titanic.  Yeah, I found a 1/1000 scale model of the Titanic.  This was quite a project.  The model is by a company called Academy Models, from Korea, and is built with no glue.  This works out just fine with everything fitting perfectly.  The smoke stacks were logically the last thing to be placed, and every one went on easily --- until the last one.  I tried all I could to get it to fit in place, until about 12:30 am when I said - to heck with it, and glued it down.  But it looks OK.  With such a small model, you can't tell the difference.

The finished product is 10.5 inches long which is big for the layout, but I couldn't resist.

Gerry