Enoden prototype

Khaul

I am now with the family in Japan for a few days. I am working a bit as well so no time so far for shopping or much rail fanning other than, well, travel by train to places. My friend happens to live in Yokohama and he likes Kamakura a lot. So las Saturday we went there for the day. And that's where the Enoden starts... and it takes you to Kotoku-in. So I managed to take a few pictures. Let's see:

large.DSC_0404.jpg.f685fa57246c7616cbc74cb2706fa8e0.jpg

Such scene in a layout would be dismissed. Come on, a gardening barber by the rail line... what's next?

large.DSC_0408.jpg.96093da14c512308fa2616955ef114fa.jpg

Did you say what's next? See that, a private level crossing to access just one house. Or so it seems. And a cool car too. There! If you look well you can also see the crossing and the car in the previous photo. So two priceless scenes in about 20m.

large.DSC_0407.jpg.8c2a11ccaab519ceac939cc78bbb010e.jpg

The barber's garden in between the public and the private crossing.

large.DSC_0415.jpg.cfcabe14dc26e3e45510bfd617456ecb.jpg

It was getting quite late when we got to take the train back to Kamakura. So I had to shoot that at 4000 ISO or something like that.

large.DSC_0413.jpg.167f4f2bbbae44b03007d839c1465f4d.jpg

Enoshima and Mount Fuji in the background. The Enoden runs very frequently but some people insist on traffic jamming.

Edited by Khaul
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Khaul said:

Such scene in a layout would be dismissed. Come on, a gardening barber by the rail line... what's next?

Did you say what's next? See that, a private level crossing to access just one house. Or so it seems.

As shown in Japan Railway Journal episode 48 (orso) part of the railway line is also the walkway to the local residents. Local residents have permission to walk on the railway line to their house. Indicator lights along the line show whether a train is approaching or not.

I remember seeing that episode with Miki Clark waling along the track and talking to residents.  It is a very unique situation now to todays world.

Wow, great photos!  The Enoden definitely looks worth visiting.  I love how those night shots came out.

Nice. Maybe we'll be going again in the coming two weeks. If not, I'll go by myself later. We only live about 30 minutes away from Fujisawa.

Martijn Meerts

The Enoden was a lot of fun.. I rode it last February, but it was pretty crowded so didn't take much pictures. I did go see the temples at Kamakura and Hase, and of course the great buddha at Hase as well.

I still need to work on a plan for a T-Trak version of the Enoden :)

• Like 1