Japanese Modelling & Japan Rail Enthusiasts Forum
Philphil

Online Shops Selling Used Japanese Trains?

Hello everyone, besides Yahoo Auctions and Hobbyland Pochi, what other sites have an online inventory of used Japanese trains? 

Mandarake. They have several irl shops and an online english shop page. They sell many things, including trains. I've bought quite a lot of used Tomytec trains from them. (most of it was new old stock, opened but unassembled)

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, kvp said:

Mandarake. They have several irl shops and an online english shop page. They sell many things, including trains. I've bought quite a lot of used Tomytec trains from them. (most of it was new old stock, opened but unassembled)

Thank you! Your post was very much appreciated! 

I've used Manadarake twice.  You they don't have a huge amount of stock listed.  So you need to be patient on waiting for something you may like.  90% of their stuff is Chubu, Kanto, Tohoku and Hokkaido trains.  Because that is where most of their shops and customers are.  But there is a small percentage of other stuff every now and then.

They dont have a big selection but sometimes you can find a bargain. All items I bought from them were in good condition.

Okay, that suggestion of Mandrake's online store maybe dangerous to the wallets of some as I did a quick search with Kato as the string the first item an ex-display Shiki-Shima, with more trains hiding amongst the odd anime character with Kato in their name. 

select english, then toys, then vehicles, then trains, then input your search word.

hint would be to click the "hide sold out" items down the left hand side options.

Edited by katoftw
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, chadbag said:

This could be dangerous

At this point, just going onto the internet is dangerous...

• Haha 1