Last day of the JR Sanko Line (March 31, 2018)

bill937ca

It's the Sanko Line.  Cool video, I haven't had a chance yet to binge on all the coverage that this closure got.  I bet JRW wished the line got that many passengers under normal conditions :grin

24 minutes ago, miyakoji said:

It's the Sanko Line.  Cool video, I haven't had a chance yet to binge on all the coverage that this closure got.  I bet JRW wished the line got that many passengers under normal conditions :grin

Thanks!

Sad to see it go, I was hoping it would last long enough to get to ride it.  Too bad these are never preserved as a heritage railway. 

• Like 1

It has been just over a year since I rode the Sanko Line for both the first and last time at once. Along with the E351 series, yet another piece of Japanese railway history comes to an end for me. さよなら三江線。

5acf668072984_2017-01-0807_JR-West_Sanko-Line_KiHa120.thumb.jpg.4c1e0f624160754f496216b5eee4ebb1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

For those interested, here is the full-length zenmen tenbou video of the very last train traveling on the JR West Sankō Line from Miyoshi to Gōtsu Stations before it closed, taken by YouTube member AnotherSky787:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
On ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 1:54 PM, Sacto1985 said:

For those interested, here is the full-length zenmen tenbou video of the very last train traveling on the JR West Sankō Line from Miyoshi to Gōtsu Stations before it closed, taken by YouTube member AnotherSky787:

Glad someone did it.  I wasn't able to when I rode the line in 2011 because there was a track inspector standing beside the driver most of the way.

• Like 1

YouTube member (and occasional JNS Forum poster!) ayokoi just posted a zenmen tenbou video (taken in October 2016) of a trip from Miyoshi to Gōtsu, including descriptions of tunnels and bridges along the way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2