Pendolino from Rapido trains will likely get a second run

Yavianice

Only just found out about the UK Pendolino from Rapido Trains. Currently they are delivering, and no longer taking orders. However I got in touch with them and Rapido trains said they have a lot of requests for additional orders (hundreds of requests), so they will make a second run.

Good news for fans like me that didn't get the first batch.

Claude_Dreyfus

Yes, they have proven to be a great success. As you say, deliveries are underway - I have two on their way. There was always the suggestion that, if popular, there would be a further run; but not for at least a couple of years.

Do share pictures when you get them. I get the impression from rapidotrains that they want to make a second run sooner rather than later. But translate that to realistic times and I guess you may be right.

I'm still waiting for mine too.

I don't know their timetable for the second run, but I know that the next run will have different liveries making them special too.

Claude_Dreyfus

A couple of specials were included in the initial run - including the Alstom version, the Great Britain Business advertising livery, and the British Legion 'Poppy' livery (which included a donation to the charity)*. My choices were a little more mundane.

They even brought a last-minute offering of the latest livery (only subtle differences from what was being produced already). It was a limited run, offered to existing customers initially...they were all gone within a couple of days!

* Useless trivia time for those who have been on here for a while, but the guy who was instrumental in getting the Legion's buy-in with the 'Poppylino' purchased our old layout, Yamanouchi Oshika.

serotta1972

I stumbled upon this on youtube - impressive!  But I can't swallow the price for an 11 car train even if it is DCC with sound.  

• Like 1

To bad it is 1:148.

That would look silly next to my mainly 1:160 trains.

Else I would probably want one too, as it looks really nice.

Yavianice
To bad it is 1:148.
That would look silly next to my mainly 1:160 trains.

Else I would probably want one too, as it looks really nice.

Why would it look silly? Does the difference with Japan scale (1:150) bother you?
Just now, Yavianice said:

Why would it look silly? Does the difference with Japan scale (1:150) bother you?

A little yes.

Fortunatly the Shinkansen are 1:160 :)

Just received a mail from Rapidotrains, they have a few left over and are now doing the “can I have one too plz” list. So if anyone still wants one, there is hope, just mail them.