Crossing Sensors

This is a consolidation and addition to some photos I posted on an earlier thread. Since then I've often kept an eye out of different crossing sensors that I've seen on different lines. 

JR East has three basic types that I've noticed so far. This Spring I've ridden on the Shinetsu Main Line to Yokokawa Station and the Oito Line until Hotaka Station. Both of these were on local trains so I could stand at the front and look at the crossings as they approached. I noticed three basic types. I've shot two of them but the third is still tentative until I can examine a crossing with the third type close up.  As always, I will include details of the crossings with the sensors. 

The most common that I've seen in the Tokyo area is the ground post type. 

mVouAuZ.jpg

Another older version of the ground post type. 18 Mar 2018 Odadaisan - Oda(sakae) #3 Crossing (Tokaido Freight Branch Line)

MmFBhm2.jpg

A third type of the ground post sensor. 18 Mar 2018 Odadaigo Oda(sakae) #5 Crossing (Tokaido Freight Branch Line)

t5feYpV.jpg

This is the second type. There is only one at each crossing. Taken at Shitte Crossover #1 crossing (Egasaki crossing) 

U3iPyzy.jpg

Taken at Shitte.Crossover #3 crossing. (Yako crossing) . 

QRVqjqM.jpg

Looking towards Shin-Kawasaki Station.

zX6D2IO.jpg

Three sensors on the left side, two on the right.  Five in all together.

vSQ4har.jpg

Left side. S3H top, S3 bottom.

mVouAuZ.jpg

R2 behind the previous two.

UexhcNU.jpg

Right side. R1H on the top and R1 on the bottom.

gW1a6NA.jpg

The other side, looking towards Yako and Shitte  Stations. Three sensors on the left and two on the right. The single sensor behind goes kitty corner to the single one on the other side..

KrMP92n.jpg

S1H on top and S1 on bottom.

dlK98XA.jpg

S2 Behind the previous two. 

m58TUqU.jpg

R3H on top and R3 on bottom.

7SxXoa4.jpg

That's all for now,

Grant

Edited by gmat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1