chadbag

Japanese Music

Sascha

Another Metal Band I really like!! The Bass Player is awesome!!

Sascha

Also a great Band.

I like this one a bunch, since its so Tokyo. The Underground scene is insane.Saw them perform 2 years ago.Sadly they split up.

• Thanks 1

Sascha

Just found this band. I find it amazing, that pretty much every band in Japan knows how to play instruments.

Edited by Sascha
  • Thanks 1

chadbag
On 5/2/2018 at 2:35 AM, Martijn Meerts said:

Dir en Grey, Wagakki Band, Maaya Sakamoto, RADWIMPS, Angela, Yae, various soundtracks by mostly Yoko Kanno, Joe Hisaishi, Yuki Kajiura, Kenji Kawai, bunch of game soundtracks as well (Final Fantasy, Nier Automata, Nioh)...

I've been listening to Wagakki Band on YouTube a lot recently.   Really interesting.  I'd like to see them live.    They are probably very good live.  Seen lots of suggestions on YouTube for them to play at the 2020 Olympics.   Would be an excellent choice.

I like listening to the Wagakki Band bass player.  She is quite good and plays quite tastefully, though I have a hard time watching her right hand as she plays with a pick (I play finger style).

DOLL$BOXX has some new stuff out and Band Maid keeps pumping out new stuff.

Lots to listen to as a diversion from the same old Western pop and singer/songwriter stuff you hear on the radio.   (Though on the "Classic Rock" station here in Utah I heard YES "I've Seen All Good People" today while driving to my daughter's band's end of summer semester concert and that got me interested in going back to my YES collection [I probably have more YES albums than any other single group)

• Like 1

cteno4

Love the shakuhachi going metal!

jeff

gavino200
On 5/9/2018 at 11:25 PM, Sascha said:

Also a great Band.

I like this one a bunch, since its so Tokyo. The Underground scene is insane.Saw them perform 2 years ago.Sadly they split up.

I like these last two. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

gavino200
On 4/8/2018 at 6:25 AM, Sascha said:

I just discoverd this band last week. Drops

This has a nice subtle edginess that's unusual for Japanese music. I love the train footage too!

• Like 1

chadbag

Just FYI

BABYMETAL is doing a US Tour this summer (2019).

• Like 2

Sascha

So is

On 5/17/2019 at 11:14 PM, chadbag said:

Just FYI

BABYMETAL is doing a US Tour this summer (2019).

So is Band Maid. Gonna see them both in Dallas.

chadbag

Hopefully Band Maid announces more than Dallas, LA, NY. 🙂

Sascha

Last year they only did CA, so adding NY and Dallas is a plus.I guess they add more next year, when they are more known here.

• Like 1

marknewton
Posted (edited)

I have no idea what the name of this band is, but they go OFF! 🤘🤘🤘

Edited by marknewton
  • Like 2

chadbag

I am not an expert but it sounds like some sort of Techno done on guitar and bass instead of synth.

Sascha

I like them.Their other songs are also pretty cool.

Sascha

They really brought Grind Core back!!!

Sascha

• Thanks 1

cteno4

Woa I think I banged my head into my iPad!

jeff

• Haha 1

Keith

Well I just watched Baby Metal’s set at Glastonbury on the bbc and I’ve no idea what to make of it. Some of the audience were really into it, but others were not quite sure what they were watching, a bit like me.

chadbag
7 hours ago, Keith said:

Well I just watched Baby Metal’s set at Glastonbury on the bbc and I’ve no idea what to make of it. Some of the audience were really into it, but others were not quite sure what they were watching, a bit like me.

that is the usual first reaction 🙂   It is interesting to watch some of their early metal festival appearances.  Most of the crowd doesn't know what to think, though by the end of the set most people have started to dig it...

When I first heard Baby Metal I binged on it.  Since then, I listen occasionally and have tickets for their US Tour this Fall but I can't claim t be a fanboy or anything but I do like and appreciate it.

• Like 1

Sascha

Great Band. It seems like they really like the E7 Shinkansen.