Japanese Music

chadbag

SwallowAngel

Has been a while since I posted in this thread, but here's another recommendation I dug out of my 1073 song (no, not a typo) long playlist.

Hiroshi Sato - Blue And Moody Music featuring Wendy Matthews

(Technically not sung in japanese, but composed by a japanese musician, so I guess (?) that counts)

Whenever I listen to this I can't resist the urge to sing along, despite my vocal range not being high enough (There's a reason I play the trumpet...)

As always, I recommend checking out the entire album if you liked this song. Wendy Matthews voice paired with Hiroshi Sato's lyrics and backings are a simply wonderful combo...

• Like 1

Just discovered IA recently (and, of course, I purchased her voicebank.  Now I have Luka, Miku, and IA.)  These songs have really impacted me by lately:

Edited by ATShinkansen
Trying to make videos show up!
  • Thanks 2

Tonanseihoku, with bonus Kiha 22 sightings just in time for Nyan Nyan Nyan Day:

Edited by Cat
  • Like 3
On 11/27/2023 at 2:54 AM, ATShinkansen said:

Just discovered IA recently

I really like Orangestar's IA songs.

• Like 3
Zeether

My work playlist is all T-Square and Casiopea, they make some really nice fusion tunes.

• Like 1
chadbag
On 3/16/2024 at 5:41 PM, Sascha said:

What a Band!!!

Yeah they're really good.  I've kind of been following them for about 8 years.  Their song "Thrill" had probably been on YouTube about a year when I fell down their rabbit hole.   I tried to see them once when I was in Japan but was there the wrong week or something (this was when they were relatively new -- now you need to buy tickets a billion years in advance with lottery).   They actually played in Salt Lake City last year but with our house project I didn't have time or funds. 😞

20 hours ago, chadbag said:

Another great one (also a bit older)

Love them too. Band Maid got me with "Real Existence". They have been to Dallas the  last two years. Got me tickets, but something always came up and I had to give them away. Waiting for their next gig this year.

• Like 1
katoftw

@babidi

Kinda into Yu Serizawa, Motsu and DJ Koo doing Everybody, Everbody and You, You, You from How not to summon a demon lord.

Gives me euro beat vibes from the old Initial D M.O.V.E tunes.

@babidi yuppers, numerous versions of Moonlight Densetsu, and the whole Girls und Panzer soundtrack pop up regularly in my YouTube listening.  And Japan created an amazing opening song and sequence for Wacky Races!

Nice on-line 'radio' station, I've found this is good background music to paint by:
Rising Sun Traditional Japanese

Japanese folk melodies performed with traditional instrumentation
https://www.accuradio.com/channel/Rising Sun Traditional Japanese/2005

This is what is constantly invading eardrums in Japan at the moment. Apparently its the theme from an Anime which is a kind of cartoon or something. 🤪

Don't think there's a single child in Japan not singing this at the moment.

• Like 2

Speaking of Anime openings, somebody just compiled this montage of the beginning and chorus.  Fun survey of the changing art styles over the years too:

• Like 1