Had to repair a tomytec pantograph...

Ultratram

So my 4 year old handed me my MO161 with and dangling paragraph today. Previously intact of course. Shame on me for leaving it on the track.

The hard part of course was fixing this thing. Had it just been a side bar it would have been easy but the center bar came off.

I had to build a tool to lay the parts on. And found the only way to hold them was with poster tack. I had one part ping off into the abyss of my Casper which was it's own ordeal (sigh) but I stayed calm and finally got it all back together:)

part0_1522700462324.jpg

• Like 3

love the jig to hold it with the blue tack!

BTW these work well to hold parts like this gently to not slide around but not too tacky. you can find them in stores as cell phone dash olders. just silicone pads that are a big tacky. i find they are nice to put small parts on as they dont slide along the surface when you try to grab them with tweezers.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Silicone-Gel-Magic-Sticky-Pad-Anti-Slip-Non-Slip-Mat-Mobile-Cell-Phone-Car/272752085131?hash=item3f814a888b:g:XkMAAOSwXY5ZXwBt

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Reusable-Silicone-False-Lashes-Holder-Pad-for-Eyelash-Extensions-Tools-YU-CA/152862198369?hash=item23974c0a61:m:meRdL06FuxHKiwgz3aalYdg

jeff

• Thanks 1
Davo Dentetsu

That's a pretty good way.  I've normally just done it in situ.  Not an easy task at all.

MY Tomix EH500 had issues (pantos weren't pulling up evenly) so I had to disassemble the pair of them and do a bit a of VERY careful bending to get them to come up right. 

• Densha changed the title to Had to repair a tomytec pantograph...
On 06/04/2018 at 2:06 AM, nah00 said:

MY Tomix EH500 had issues (pantos weren't pulling up evenly) so I had to disassemble the pair of them and do a bit a of VERY careful bending to get them to come up right. 

Had much the same problem with some other Tomix pantographs. I eventually traced it to some metal spurs on the lower arms which jam against the moulding which attaches it to the roof. Very careful dismantling and filing away the spurs left me with pantographs which stand up properly.