Upside down triangles?

Greetings,

I have been trying to find out more about the signs, lamps and signals of Onuma station for my layout. One of the things (of a few) that I can't seem to find any information on is an upside-down yellow triangle sign. At best guess, I think it could be a stop indication sign for signals placed in odd locations. I have been able to find it at a few other stations on the Hakodate Mainline and other lines in Hokkaido, but have found no name or information on these. It looks like this;

LNzDifK.png

You can find images of the real ones on the first few images here for example - and at quite a few stations along the line if you take a ride on the Hakodate Mainline for example.

Any help would be much appricated!

Edited by Tintinfan
  • Like 1

I cannot find it in any of the links you gave. Edit- found them.

I assume though that it is a beacon. Which is used a lot these days on simple bi-derictional signaled track like most of Hookaido. Especially when they are 2 aspect red and green. The beacon acts as a yellow caution so the driver treats the next signal as red until viewed.

Or I could be completely incorrect.

Edit/ Could also be the magent/transponder location in front of a signal. Due to heavy snow, these get hidden and may need to be located visually by the driver.

Still a guess.

Edited by katoftw
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
18 hours ago, katoftw said:

Edit/ Could also be the magent/transponder location in front of a signal. Due to heavy snow, these get hidden and may need to be located visually by the driver.

Thank you very much for your suggestions! It seems this guess of yours is correct, I have found an article with an image of my yellow and black upside down triangle explaining how the sign is for the ATS beacon before a home signal. With this I am sure I can get all the information I need now. Thanks again!

Edited by Tintinfan