500 Shinkansen in Hello Kitty livery to be introduced

I might consider getting a model... it started out as an ironic joke by a friend, but over the years I've amassed a bit of a collection of Hello Kitty stuff...

I have a few old airsick bags, too, and some safety cards... those have a hardcore following. I got a card from a Siberia Airlines plane around 2000, I put it up on ebay and got like $100 for it... and then there are timetable collectors... I have a few of those too, specific things that I like (BOAC, BPAL, Pennsy, etc), but nowhere near as bonkers as some get with it.

Not a fan of Hello Kitty.  But of the JR500 series.

This is why I need this. To complement my Type EVA.  BUt am I allowed to run them simultanously?

• Haha 1

So KATO or Tomix or both just need to announce this already.  I am more than willing...

And my daughter has already called dibs on it.

I wonder why JR West didn't decide to modify a 700 Series Hikari Rail Star 8-car train set to become the Hello Kitty Shinkansen train.

4 hours ago, Sacto1985 said:

I wonder why JR West didn't decide to modify a 700 Series Hikari Rail Star 8-car train set to become the Hello Kitty Shinkansen train.

Or a Jaxa rocket.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Waisneed said:

Not a fan of Hello Kitty.  But of the JR500 series.

This is why I need this. To complement my Type EVA.  BUt am I allowed to run them simultanously?

Prototypically no, since the EVA 500 is already retired and the Hello Kitty has yet to debut, so they will not meet at all...

But then again, the idea is to have fun, remember?  😛

Now all eyes on Tomix for the Hello Kitty train! 

1 hour ago, JR 500系 said:

Prototypically no, since the EVA 500 is already retired and the Hello Kitty has yet to debut, so they will not meet at all...

But then again, the idea is to have fun, remember?  😛

Now all eyes on Tomix for the Hello Kitty train! 

I know, I will have fun.

The Trains didn't just not run together, they are the same consist! According to one picture site. They turned the Type EVA into the Hello Kitty Shinkansen. And when you think of it, makes the most sense, as the EVA would be out of service for remodelling anyway.

12 hours ago, Waisneed said:

I know, I will have fun.

The Trains didn't just not run together, they are the same consist! According to one picture site. They turned the Type EVA into the Hello Kitty Shinkansen. And when you think of it, makes the most sense, as the EVA would be out of service for remodelling anyway.

And before Eva it was the plarail train. Old V2 has had an interesting few years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
13 hours ago, Waisneed said:

I know, I will have fun.

If you look carefully at the Tetsudo Shimbun article, the pictures are clear enough to prove that it is indeed Set V2

By the way, I heard the train will only be running for 3 months? This is based on the content of the article from my country’s news outlet (or specifically in my opinion, the Propaganda News Outlet):

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/hello-kitty-bullet-train-debuts-this-week-in-japan

i don’t think JR West and Sanrio would spend a substantial amount of cash to renovate Set V2 just so it could collect revenue for 3 months only.

I'd be almost tempted to buy it if a model were made. But, really I should get some Shinkansens that are more plain like an N700 or something. All my Shinkansens are as brightly colored as a tart's handbag. 

I have the Hayabusa, the Komache, a Doctor Yellow, and the EVA 500. I think it's time for something more sober. Sorry Kitty!

• Haha 2

yeah the only reason i will think of getting the model is it is such a "tart's handbag" (good description). Pink interior was a bit nausiating. Pink is one of the colors that too much can strain most eyes. if used sparingly it can be done nicely. But many will love and enjoy it!

jeff

• Like 3

I showed the photos to one of our lady train drivers at work yesterday and she fell in love with it, said it was three of her favourite things rolled into one, the colour pink, cats, and trains.

• Haha 3
13 minutes ago, chadbag said:

It appears Tomix is doing it.

Thanks for the link. It looks like they're doing a shiki shima too! I thought that idea was dead. 

Edited by gavino200
3 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

Thanks for the link. It looks like they're doing a shiki shima too! I thought that idea was dead. 

Hopefully this works (Shiki Shima):  

Edited by chadbag

Ouch, what a price! Enough to dissuade me. I like everything about the E001, except for the front. I think the front looks like a tourbus. My temptation for the Kitty is about 40%. I'll see if that grows as time goes by. I still have never bought a whole Tomix train. 

I hope KATO comes out with one as well of the Kitty train.   My Shinkansen mix is about 1/2--1/2 Tomix / KATO and both have their good and bad points.  KATO tend to be easier for DCC upgrades -- especially if they have the slots.

Well since Kato always use older non 8-car protoypical molds like they did on their EVA version, you wont get DCC drop in ability.