Info/questions on Tomytec Bus System

FastFranz

Hi All,

I'm back after a looooooooong hiatus: sSince in few months I'll move to Viet Nam (Ha noi) Mangarahara (my layout) no longer exist ... :sad1: :sad1: :sad1:

Plans are to, hopefully, build a new one once settled backthere. Likely it will be a "two sides" display (using a Kato V11 set) structure: Japanese on one side and, possibly, US on the other (NOT sure).

On the japanese side I plans to use a "bus-line", at this regard  I already got a TomyTec Bus "B1 - starter set". Now the question(s), may they've been, already, asked and answered, I apologize for that.:

• The set contains, also, an unmotorized body-shell: will all Tomytec "engines" fit in It?
  • I'm planning to expand it a little, i.e. a "S-shape" curve like the pictured one (red tracks) how mant pieces do I need (i need tight bends)? Are six pieces (one bag - C002) enough? ... Other pieces?
  • Any chance to use a power source other than L44 (or L44r?) batteries?
  • It's possible to use two bus stop on the same track?

Till later. THX A LOT ...

Francesco

PS: I guess straight tracks are not a problem ... ... ...  :sign5:

Tomytec Bus - SET B1.jpg

S-shape.bmp

S-shape.bmp

Kurve.jpg

S-shape.jpg

• Like 1

Just a few quick aswers:

-bus shells are like train shells, each type needs a certain motor chassis, there are many types and you can find the matching chassis on the box of each shell, there are some buses that doesn't have a matching chassis

-an S turn needs the following number of 30 degree pieces: 2, 4, 6, which for two S curves mean 4, 8 or 12 pieces (for 30, 60 and 90 degrees)

-there are lipo battery chassis kits, but those are articulated, so you'll have to modify them to fit into some of the longer 2 axle shells (i did't try this myself though)

-yes, you can use as many stops, crossroads or any other pieces as you want, since the buses only respond to the magnets right under them and have no memory of previous events

• Thanks 1

Hi,

@Kvp:

Motor-unit: according to my researches the "culprit" should be BM02 (btw: is BM02B - found on eBay - compliant?), see pic.

S-turn: I arrived to this (using Tomix mini-curved whose shape shoul be the same), more or less what I need and, may be I'm wrong, should work even if the "S" is really tight.

Thanks for Your input in the end.

@cteno4: thanks for the warm welcome back. Then ... Viet nam I'd dearly prefer to remain in Africa but - at times - is NOT up to your, only, decision.

Till later

Francesco

Moving-Bus-B-Set_01.jpg

Tomix S-shape.jpg