HO scale Container Terminal Equipment

Kamome

Does anyone on the forum have any recommendations for JRF loading equipment in HO scale?

My trawls through Hobby Search have found nothing but not sure if there is something out there by a manufacturer I’ve not come across yet.

Ive found a container lifter from Walthers Cornerstone that I think could be kitbashed to look closer to a Japanese lifter, but have not found anything that resembles the smaller forklifts used for the 19D containers. The same goes for suitable trucks with HS only throwing up very European options from Herpa in 1:87. 

On the subject on containers, has anyone had any experience, good or bad, with the Morita container kits? I wanted some tank containers to add some variety and the photos of them look the business. Just wanted to know whether they go together well like most Japanese kits or whether they’re not worth the money. (¥4000 for 1 container)

0AF4A5BC-502B-468B-81C7-D1726010A478.jpeg

• Like 1

I would try to look for Kibri kits. A lot of it is going to be European equipment but it looks a lot more appropriate. Most of their models represent Kalmar equipment but it doesn't look out of place.

• Like 1

That’s how hugely helpful. Thanks nah00. I’ve not come across them before.

I had a bit of difficulty navigating the Kibri website but I have found an appropriate looking forklift that could be painted up to look like the blue and yellow JRF, courtesy of the Gaugemaster website in the UK.

One option with working lights and lift which could add a nice addition.

7F65E382-5162-4D59-9BD8-8E0C31AA5068.jpeg

8109E740-D192-4D7F-9B15-5B0BCC30B05F.jpeg

• Like 1