Toc,

lots of great stuff out in minature wargamming, some are very close to 1/150 so some useful bits now and then. Loads of painting, detailing and scenery techniques as well to learn from and adapt! I also have poked around doll house doll house stuff (ie 1/144 minature scenes that are 1/12 scenes in 1/12th scale dollhouses.

jeff

The 1/144 stuff is quite cool as pertains to using it with railroading.   I used to sell the Dragon CAN-DO vehicles and aircraft and they are 1/144 IIRC.  I still have a bunch of unsold inventory lying around.  I'll need to get some out and set up some temporary scenes with some railroading.   Thanks for the inspiration!  (Unfortunately most of what I had/have was WW2 German or US modern, both vehicles and planes)

The smaller (and larger) stuff is cool in its own right.  From the GHQ type armor to the fantasy miniatures.  I used to paint the fantasy miniatures in my HS years:  oh so many years ago.

Ha, when I was a lad I use to paint 17th and 18th century soldiers for a local guy who had a high end line of castings he did. He had a bunch of us kids and paid by the soldier, so we could just do it in spare time watching tv. Only got paid for the decent ones, onesnthat didn’t pass muster went into the thinner bath...

Fun for a while then got old. Made a few extra buck simply.

jeff