NEX brake hoses

EF57

On my Kato Nex the connecting hoses/cables are different from those on my other kato stuff in they don’t disconnect in the middle, but “jump the gap” as it were as one piece.  Mine have come out and I can’t figure out how to get them back in.  Help please!

Hello EF57,

Insert the left side of the brake pipe/dampener assembly (from the picture below) inbetween the coupler head and the little hook below it and push it in a bit, it should clip to the coupler assembly.

533.JPG.32d9d60db31a97523f7ab28e388533af.JPG536.JPG.70e4ac8b4ce5ef8a0bfd08cc781dee46.JPG

Edited by Gryphr

Yes thank you Gryphr,  your pictures could not be clearer.  That's what I've been trying to do for a week or two, but they just won't snap in, either on the leading or the middle car.   They were working perfectly well until they inexplicably came off. – Hey, whence your final -r?

2 hours ago, EF57 said:

Yes thank you Gryphr,  your pictures could not be clearer.  That's what I've been trying to do for a week or two, but they just won't snap in, either on the leading or the middle car.   They were working perfectly well until they inexplicably came off. – Hey, whence your final -r?

Are you trying to place it on the wrong end of the car? If it won't snap in, try it on the coupler at the other end.

I remember having trouble with these when I got the train first. They catch on the foam easily when you're taking the cars out of the case. Since, then I've been very careful placing them in and taking them out of the cases. 

Edited by gavino200
15 hours ago, EF57 said:

How does the coupler and the brake pipe assembly look? Could it possibly be worn down/broken?

As for the name, I originally used it without the r but that was taken on several places, so i added the r as to make it more unique without having to use numbers. The name itself stems from a video game I played a lot when i was younger.

Thanks for your encouragement guys, all it took was a bit more pressure than I thought it should need.  That’s some pretty tough plastic!   i feel GOOD!

• Like 2
scotspensioner

Thank you for explaining the fittings of the hoses.I put off replacing mine for long enough but I've lost one and I also lost a pantograph ! So that'll be one of the next things.