California T-Trak

serotta1972

8 hours ago, Kiha66 said:

I wasn't able to find any screws or nails, so I'm just using standard white glue. 

I use white glue also for securing tracks, it works for me. You have to be more careful when you separates the modules (as Jeff mentioned above), but otherwise it is as good as the screws.

• Thanks 1

I took a small break from midterms and job fairs to get a little more work done on the rural module today.  Cut up some boxes to create some fields.  

20180228_143352.thumb.jpg.40c54491468d67b7b4dee032174c15fd.jpg

• Like 1
nscalestation

This is great !   You know I have a T-Trak I started about 10 years ago then stopped when I started building my AsiaNrail modules.  It is a double sized.  Perhaps I can get it going again with a simple suburban scene ?

• Like 2
serotta1972

Been slaving over these modules made from 1/4" Russian Baltic Birch the last couple of weeks - 2 end caps, 2 triples, 2 triple deep.  Actually, I've been waiting for them to come in the mail - there's a backlog right now as there is a big T-Trak convention in August in Kansas City.  I got them from cabinet shop in Austin who also happens to be a model railroader.  He even makes power receptacles and got 4 of those.  Next step - paint and then put on a table.  My daughter is pretty excited.

http://www.t-kits.com/catalog

5ad6cdfd93869_BG5NszKmRMCHcAvhjGPrw.thumb.jpg.fb0d907b2f924d89fae1c26c35c41c28.jpg5ad6ce0640a73_QxLCXxk1R4uXDyDMzULQg.thumb.jpg.a61ffa717be5ec0774121fd998287071.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Those look awesome Junior!  Cant wait to see what you do with them.  Looks like we just missed the SF Japantown Cherry Bosom festival, maybe we can set up there next year!

nscalestation

Junior you have yourself enough modules for a whole layout there.  You were lucky to get those modules when you did,  I recently read where the man who was making those modules for sale had passed away.

serotta1972

Sadly I am aware, there was a gentleman on the T-Trak Facebook Group who was keeping everyone abreast of Mr. Nathan's situation.  Yes, I was very lucky to get these done and enough to do a layout including the wiring.  I had great interactions with Mr. Nathan - stand up guy and big proponent of T-Trak.  They were hoping he would make it to the NMRA Convention this weekend but many of his T-Kits modules will be there.

• Like 1

Very sad to hear about Nathan's passing, I wish I had had the opportunity to interact with him. 

In brighter news, I made more t ttrack modules today, one double for a friend and two quads for another club member to build a yard on.  Lots of construction going on, we spent almost 10 hours in the shop!  (Admittedly a few were spent upstairs running on the layout)

20180803_191118.thumb.jpg.5358b46121655a190b45c0a94fcdf7f9.jpg

• Like 2
serotta1972

Oh man, Sam is becoming a full time model railroader - building modules, installing DCC, rebuilding locomotives and running trains. Envious! 🙂

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, serotta1972 said:

Oh man, Sam is becoming a full time model railroader - building modules, installing DCC, rebuilding locomotives and running trains. Envious! 🙂

Hah, its not quite as glamorous as it sound, but I'm sure having a lot of fun!

18 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Does your group do Japanese trains?

jeff

Yes there are people in the group that do Japanese trains

On 7/16/2019 at 5:22 PM, cteno4 said:

Does your group do Japanese trains?

Does JNR Series 485 Hibari count? 😉