Number of Posts

I have 2 questions really.

Why are all my posts numbered 619?  They have been numbered 619 for quite some time.

When I start a post I highlite the Bold button and change the type size to 14.  I then start my post and down a few lines I add a pic or a plan, and then do more typing and the bold and the type size has reverted back to your original.  Can this be corrected so that all through a post everything stays the same?

Gerry

gerry where are you seeing the number? 

your current post count is 620 now so maybe you are seeing that? it shows under your avatar 

Members

620 Posts

of course will be 621 with your next post!

it appears if you add a image after some text it will revert the default after the image and you would need to reset it to what you want for your continued typing

there is a simple work around, just write your text out formatted how you want it and leave blank lines where you want to insert your images. then once you finish the text insert the cursor at the line for the first image and then do the insert image and it will pop in there and your text above and below will remain formatted the way it was.

you can also just select any text you want to format and then do the formatting like size, etc.

but the system appears to revert to the default after an insert image for new text added then, this cant be changed.

cheers

jeff

Jeff, if you go to my build for the Mixed layout they are all numbered 620 now and all my posts in the planning stage are all numbered 620. This one will probably change the number to 521 but its not in my blog.

Gerry

You did not even go to my blog to see what I was talking about.

Gerry's Edit.

Edited by gerryo

Gerry,

yes i did, they all had 620 on them and I checked several of your threads. Please don’t assume I didn’t, I took time to look at this and respond to all your questions carefully.

all your posts now have “621 posts” under your avatar as that’s how many posts you have done to the forum during your membership, not the number of the Post itself. This is part of your member identification as the poster and nothing to do with the individual posts. All your posts will have the same member identification with userid, avatar, location, and total number of posts joining. So currently you will see 621 on all of your posts.

you can only see the actual individual post ID number by clicking on the little link icon (three dots connected by two lines) and looking at the url there and the number at the end is the unique Post identifier number. Although it’s not really evident how that would be useful as it’s not displayed on posts you have to dig for it. There is no individual unique post identifier displayed in this system.

if for some odd reason you see a different post count for you in one thread vs another (at the same time you have not added posts in between) take screen grabs and post them and we can look into this.

jeff