Where the hankyus sleep

Thankyu6300

on a recent trip to Kansai reigion i really wanted to see where the hanky's sleep couldn't get close enough to some of the more interesting parts but was still cool to see anyway. A fun day for any rail nut :) And i have a few questions following

P1060214_(2).JPG

• Like 4

What does this little yellow  engine do? Is there a model?

And what is this purple beast with an owl on the side, is it a tamper? is there a model?

P1060232 (2).JPG

P1060229 (2).JPG

The yellow one looks like a track inspection vehicle. The blue one is a tamper and there is a similar modell in N, but afaik not with this paint.

On 2/17/2018 at 2:49 AM, Thankyu6300 said:

on a recent trip to Kansai reigion i really wanted to see where the hanky's sleep couldn't get close enough to some of the more interesting parts but was still cool to see anyway. A fun day for any rail nut :) And i have a few questions following

Wow!  What a beautiful picture, thanks so much for sharing!  This is now my desktop background.  Interesting how the 6000 has an automatic electrical connection while the 7000 does not.  I really like the double door on the yellow engine, like its a full size limited express.  

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, Thankyu6300 said:

This was right next to Nishinomiya Kitaguchi station. Thanks for sharing that album i think i will get some snaps of that when i'm there next. I don't know what it is there is just something about Hankyu's 

Oh awesome! Another yard to go and check out next time :)

Yeah, they are very classy. The colour schemes, straight lines and cleanliness... let alone the green velour interior are just perfect!

Hankyu is truly wonderful and I am a big fan of it, but my new love in the Kansai area is the Nankai. Their trains of different vintages are nice and, even better, Namba looks like a proper station. Even more proper from the outside than Tokyo station. 

yeah i wanted to explore Namba station a bit more i haven't had a good look at Nankai trains, i really wanted to take the rapit to KIX but my Fiance didn't let me :) I nearly went for an explore around Namba but i spent 3  hours in Joshin Kids land so i ran out of time.... yes i think i have a disease.... Densha disease..... One more train i said, just looking i said many yens later :)

Nankai is good. They have some of the plushest seats in Kansai.  Recently prefer the Koya Line over the Main Line as the rolling stock on the latter is getting modernized with cheapo J-Trec stuff (Kanto intruders!).  In fact I'm staying in a hotel near Higashi Sakai Station for several days next month, will get plenty of chances to ride the Budd-style corrugated trainsets that run through there.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, bikkuri bahn said:

Kanto intruders!

This railway operator/rolling stock manufacturer relationship has always surprised me.  They recently got some series from Kinki didn't they?  Otherwise it seems to be all Tokyu and now J-Trec.

bikkuri bahn
On 2/23/2018 at 2:45 PM, miyakoji said:

This railway operator/rolling stock manufacturer relationship has always surprised me.  They recently got some series from Kinki didn't they?  Otherwise it seems to be all Tokyu and now J-Trec.

The background story to what otherwise would be an anomalous situation is that the original supplier to Nankai was Teikoku Sharyo, which had its headquarters as well as factories in Sakai City, with a connection to the Nankai Koya Line at Asakayama Station.  In fact you can still see the course of the former right of way on maps of the area (Sunamichicho).  Teikoku was acquired by Tokyu in 1968, and that company has supplied Nankai to date.  

• Like 1